HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   How can I make my Civic faster? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/how-can-i-make-my-civic-faster-46635/)

Marty 07-11-2007 11:25 AM

RE: How can I make my Civic faster?

ORIGINAL: mxs

Suspension will make it much more fun.
x2

Suspension is the best route for you, it does not matter if it is a auto or not when a car can handle twisties it is alot more enjoyable.

badlandsusa 05-26-2008 11:06 AM

Guys,

I have a 2001 civic LX, I was on the highway when the timing belt popped..had it replaced and of course the valves were damanged. The local shop wanted me to send the heads off for repair. I now better than that as i can purchase a replacement for pretty cheap. I use to built my little speed machines as a teen and I honestly was going to do something to this ride, but never got around to it.

With that being said, I am looking for advice as to which direction to go...replace engine or head?
If head which one?
If engine, which one?

I figured this would be a good oppurntiy to turn this into a mini project.

Any and all advice would be welcome...thanks all!!

macbeth18288 05-26-2008 12:48 PM

^DUDE
don't jack someone elses thread
start your own

Mr Mobsta Man 05-26-2008 01:38 PM

badlandsusa, what you want to do with that car depends hugely on how deep your pockets are.

Tommo87 05-26-2008 05:35 PM

Unless you ordered an AEM V2 i'm sorry to say that you have actually wasted your cash :( you could o saved cash and bought a panel filter for in the air box. Other ways to have a better driving experience is lose any unnecessary weight i.e. rear seats and plastic.
Also i probably got my best piece o car advice on this forum and that was
"research then read books/webpages,read some more,do a bit more reading,do more research and then keep reading some more".

croninc 05-26-2008 08:46 PM

If I were you this is what I would do, get a muffler and some rims, coilovers, more suspension stuff. Then you can impress people because your car sounds cool and looks cool. Also get a nice little sound system too. When i first got my civic which wasnt that long ago i wanted to do exhaust, header, intake and all that jazz but after reading and watching other people post on here I have come to the conclusion that a turbo is the only real way your going to get power for you money. I would rather put 800 bucks towards a turbo project than spend it on and exhuast header and intake.

Mr Mobsta Man 05-26-2008 10:36 PM

Why does everyone always overlook nitrous? No, it isn't power all the time but when you want to get up and go all it takes is a flip of a switch and it's only dangerous if you don't know how to use it.

Cheap, fast, reliable:
with turbo: pick two
with n/a: pick two
with nitrous: get all three

powerkote 05-27-2008 12:47 AM

check out my website at www.pwerkote.co.zaand maybe youll be interested in what i can offer you.

museboy07 05-29-2008 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

badlandsusa, what you want to do with that car depends hugely on how deep your pockets are.

Sorry but I saw your myspace and i'd love to know how your pockets got so deep. I mean you have a bad ass civic completely decked out and it says your only 18?? I mean you either mooch off your rich parents, won the lottery, or have a crazy good job. It just amazes me how some people do it.

Mr Mobsta Man 05-29-2008 06:15 PM

Um, I guess I can take that as a compliment? It is a mix of still living at home, the car itself being a 16th b-day present (all stock, $3,400), saving every penny I have gotten from b-days, x-mas, whatever since I was 14, and having a job that all the money I earn from it goes into my car ($7/hr washing dishes). Doing all the work yourself saves thousands also.

This is what the private message system is for...