Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

mini me for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Default mini me for me

the project that i am working on is a full upper end motor swap i have a d15b motor and i am fitting a d16z6 head to it the swap is called a mini me swap. the swap is going to give me better compression and also give a once non vtec motor that little extra vtec kick that any true honda head knows and loves.
i under stand that like most custom projects that there are some bumps in the road i am hoping on the other hand for smooth sailing. i have a post from some other forum that looks like a good write up. i never have done work that is this custom i was a tech for 2year of my life and have the tool just not the custom car work back ground. this kind of work is a 1st. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=554053 <--- this is that write up i plan to fallow if some one could read it and make sure this guy is not full of it b4 i get up butt creek with this build i would really find you to be a grate help. the head i will have in two weeks and there will be pics of the before and after, and some middle shot if i have time with out oil on my hand lol thanks guy post up i know i will need a p28 ecu and the d16z6 or the d16y8 head gasket for this build. that guy never wrote were it is that the vtec cord pulgs in to the ecu i dont think, any hoo thanks i am hoping to talk to people with experience in this kind of thing.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
HCF Member

yea that ones good
and definetly get the z6 intake mani
and just google to find out the wiring its not hard to wire it at all

Old 10-02-2009, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

sweet

Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Looks like a nice write up you have there. Have you put up some pics of your Civic yet? How many miles are on your car/motor? Regarding where the vtec wire goes, you should be able to find it when looking at an ecu plug pin out for the p28. Many members on here have done this swap and will hopefully chime in soon about this.

Also, if you need a Z6 distributor, send me a PM. I am trying to sell the one I have as I have no use for it.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 PM

ok so i got the new head in lol i was out out the local street races and i bent 2 valves. so i had to buy what i could get the swap was soooo easy. there are some things i gotta say tho. you have to make sure you have to pullthe oil jet plug. also i must say if you gonna do the swap you have to do new belts the timing belt you must have is the d16 timing belt.
the only thing i have left to do is the wiring for the ecu it is on its way. i am buying a chipped ecu. the ecu must be for the right trannie tho mt / at so ya the comperession ratio with from 9.28 to 10.32 and it run like a dream there was 170k on the motor and 80k on the head i had the both tured at a shop before putting them in there is new ring on the pistons. now if you can get a set of gsr pistons you can get it in the 11s. also i have a header coming cus the stock exhost is no so grate. the only other this i can say is do some bigger injectors. have fun swaping guys pics are on the way soon

Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Punctuation...it makes the word a better place.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

bigger injectors will be a waste of money

Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 AM

why do you say that? the injectors will help keep up with all the extra air flow.... right? it dose have a intake and and pipes soooo.... i have like no back pressure. i think i'm gonna wait on them any hoo. i have a chipped p28 ecu on the way and we will see how it all runs. i can't wait to try out the new vtec. o other news my car just got broken into so i had to spend some money there and in a nice alarm set up. the gay thing is i don't live in a ****ty part of town. sigh so the other things i wanted are on hold for the week

Old 10-11-2009, 05:37 AM
HCF Member

i just dont think youre going to be gaining enough extra power to have bigger injectors actually be useful

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 AM

lol man, trust us, you don't need bigger injectors

Quick Reply: mini me for me