Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Motor mount?

Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Default Motor mount?

My 2001 Honda Civic Hx, has an issue where it vibrates HARD and makes some terrible noise when I first take off from a dead stop. You can also feel the engine rocking back and forth when you let off of the gas. I have replaced two motor mounts so far, and it has improved, but it still has the issue. I replaced the front motor mount last week, and the top left motor mount today. From what I understand, there is only one motor mount left, and it is in the rear. Is this going to be difficult to get to? The other two motor mounts where pretty simple to replace, but I am a little more nervous about this one. Also, does this sound like a motor mount issue to everyone else? It was broken when I bought the car, and that's what my friend explained to me what was wrong, and it makes since to me. Then again, I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cars. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advanced! -Kevin

Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

The rear motor mount is very dificult to get to if the motor is still in. Not to mention the T bracket being a small pain because of the location but very possible.