Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

skunk2 manifold questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 11:35 PM
HCF Member
Default skunk2 manifold questions

thinking about getting one of these to go with a catback(maybe full exhaust if i have the funds) and an intake....probably just simple cheap ebay stuff, nothin special. what's it do, just feed the motor more air? bigger injectors wouldn't be needed would they?sorry aobut all these newbie type questions, just don't know much about honda motors... lol don't even have the car yet... I'm just learning as much as possible before the purchase....

Is it worth it? powerwise? where's a good place to pick one up?

I was thinking: ebay intake, ebay catback(megan racing), plugs, wires, and then the skunk.....would the skunk be worth the money? i need as much oooomph as possible, since it's gonna be auto and 4 dr, lol. but I don't plan on racin it or anything.....

also- would there be any reliability problems? down the road, am I looking at messing something up?

Old 12-07-2005, 12:03 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: skunk2 manifold questions

Ok, if you're thinking about getting a cheap ebay intake, atleast replace the fliter with a K&N filter. No need for injectors. If good umpth is what you want, you can alwasy boost the car that will give you some really good umpth. Skunk manifold is a good piece, I have it on my civic and I love it, I would recommend also getting an aftermarekt throttle body to go with it. You're in the same boat as I am. I will be buying a honda prelude vtec in the spring, and currently am learning as much as possible about it.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
HCF Member

I'm not gonna get a no name intake, but rather an aem sri(or the like) off of ebay. I wouldn't buy anything I didn't think wouldn't LAST. i'm look for reliability too. thanks for the info! Where can I get one cheap?

also, what kind of throttle body? you have a holly.... is it any good? how much? thanks for the help

anyone else??

btw-i dun wanna boost....it'll shorten the life of the motor, and this rig needs to LAST.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

I found these on ebay:
ebay pro series

and this one(but I don't think this one is for the correct motor since it list a crx as an option-d16a-z):
d16a-z ebay skunk

btw, what motor is in one of these? (96-00 4dr ex/lx) I know it's a 1.6L SOHC...

also I just found this:
holley Throttle body

Old 12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
HCF Member

I believe both of those manifolds should work. I do have a 68mm holley tb portmateched to the manifold, and did make a pretty good difference. The one you found will fit the skunk mani, but will need to be portmatched since its 68mm, and also for $140 thats a deal, I paid $212, and that still was a deal from the original $400 or so msrp price.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:38 PM

How would you rate the skunk2 manifold for a N/A engine? I've heard a few stories about the Edelbrock Performer X being a better choice for N/A.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

yeah, thats an almost 500 dollar TB. if you can pick that up for less than 200, its a steal. if i had the money to spare right now, i would be bidding against you on it

Old 12-07-2005, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

too bad i'm not bidding yet... i dun even have a damn car yet lol. but what about what chimera said? what about the edelbrock intake? it better for n/a? just wondering.....

Old 12-07-2005, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

I like Injen, Eddlebrock and Skunk2 for the intake, throttle body and maniford respectively.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

Thats a tough call without dyno sheets. but i would say Skunk2 would be better NA, because Skunk2 is primarily an NA focused company. they even have shirts that proclaim such.

[IMG]local://upfiles/436/CF57FBA38EEA496F8CFBB801117C30C9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: skunk2 manifold questions