Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

suggest a engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Default suggest a engine

i have a 03 civic ex that i just finally finished paying for....i already have the body and interior done up nicely and now what to put some power in my girl...well i'd like peoples suggestions on what would be that best honda engine to do the swap with that'll fit in my car without major modes having to be done to make it work also i would like to buy this engine for a good price and also new (if possible) but can't find anywhere on the net that sells em new so if peeps could also help with that

Old 04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: suggest a engine

bahahaha good luck findin them new. Get a k series, but then, thats not cheap

Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 PM

i need specifics

Old 04-24-2008, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

here's the thing, you can do some swaps, but you're limited due to your car model. the only thing is that you don't have that much knowledge on civics considering you don't even know what engines are interchangable. to start with, you need to be a fairly good mechanic to perform a swap, unless you pay a shop to do it, which will then cost you double the initial cost of the engine. just do some research before you think of doing anything more than a few simple bolt-on's.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin

How 'bout a c32b? That'd be pretty awesome.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

you don't have that much knowledge on civics considering you don't even know what engines are interchangable. to start with, you need to be a fairly good mechanic to perform a swap, unless you pay a shop to do it
i was told by a guy who has the same car as me to get a b18c...yeah i don't have the knowledge on which ones i can use....can anyone tell me? and i will pay someone to swap it

Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

he swapped in a b18c into an 03? or another civic?

Old 04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Honestly, you can fit any engine in any car. So please be a little more specific with what your goals are.

(and I still say a c32b would make an awesome swap in a civic)

Old 04-24-2008, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

he swapped in a b18c into an 03? or another civic?
yes...well i take that back, he claims he did but i don't know **** about engines so he could of lied, that's why i came hear to get the opinions from u guys....it all started with me buying my 03 civic having no intentions what so ever to do any of this but seeing alot of guys having body kits and all so i put one on and decked it out interior and exterior and became a poser i guess u could say but then guys would see me at the light and automatically want to race cause of the way it looked. i one alot of the races just because i'm a good *** driver and ain't scared or should i say just don't give a **** and will weave in and out of lanes and take turns at a higher rate of speed that some ball less rich kids with 350z's etc. so now i've done got all into this **** and get a rush out of beating guys with cars i know i shouldn't of been able to beat....now i want more power

Old 04-24-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Honestly, you can fit any engine in any car. So please be a little more specific with what your goals are.

(and I still say a c32b would make an awesome swap in a civic)
well i don't want to have to spend major money to make it fit.....so i'm looking for what ever the best engine swap that would work for my car and give the most power also does anyone know if this site is a good one to order from?

http://www.jdmracingmotors.com/

Quick Reply: suggest a engine