Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

swap or no swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: swap or no swap

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: heymikey19

ORIGINAL: INJENalltheway

Swap.

Although repping a D series would be cooler.
according to who? get a swap, d's are a waste of money. they'll always be the lil bastard brother. iv just finally got this thru to my lil bro and hes doin a b16b.
Haha, I nominate this for most ignorant post on HCF!
Agreed,... he can't even spell douche right

Old 05-17-2007, 05:41 AM
HCF Member

did you guyz totally ignore the fact that he said "supercharger?"

i'd swap in an H22a and have 200 hp without messign with the supercharger or a turbo.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:35 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Swap.

according to who? get a swap, d's are a waste of money. they'll always be the lil bastard brother. iv just finally got this thru to my lil bro and hes doin a b16b.
Haha, I nominate this for most ignorant post on HCF!
+ infinity, i had to read it twice to make sure i was actaully readin it right [:@]i'm proud of my D.....

Old 05-17-2007, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: that_guy5

i have a 4 dr 98 civic with a y7wit autook so i was wondering if i could reach 200 hp with a superchargerand withstock internals. or would it be easier to swap to a b18b and reach it with this swap?? im tryin to make it as simple as possible and be able to pass emissions here in cali. any ideas or possibilities?? thanks
To stay good with smog here in cali id recommend no swap...ive had a few swaps and smog is kinda a headache unless you are going to do it all right with a ref and get it tagged(then you still ahve to pass emmissions)...that has always been a little beyond my reach as i usually have to cut some corners....just make sure if you swap thatthe motor is the same year or newer than your car and for your own convience try to staywith the same obd which i think in 2 or 2b for you

i dont know about 200 sc whp on your d with stock internals but definatly doable with some internal modification....might want to look into a turbo...a fewpeople here have 200+ hp d turbo set ups

Old 05-17-2007, 04:40 PM

k i just barely bought a 1989 civic hatchback.. the pistons in it are messed. So i talked to the guy who owned it. He said do a mini me swap. I kinda get the basics on with the whole v-tech. Is it worth the money for the power upgrade. Also what would be the best way of going about it?

Old 05-19-2007, 06:08 AM

Swap.

Rofl.Then he goes on to mention he convinced his brother to buy the biggest waste of money out of the B-series.

Good job o' wise one.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

d's are a waste of money. they'll always be the lil bastard brother.
watch your step kid............

200whp on a D is defintely possible, but idk about stock internals. Sov is runnin 210whp i think on his y8, but that things totally rebuilt.I dont think 200whp on neither a D or a B is really safe with stock internals, you might have to rebuild on both.

To keep it simple, i say rebuild your y7 and turbo it, i think it'd be simpler than finding a new engine, getting all the mounts/shift linkage/etc. of the swap. The y7 has potential, just no VTEC, which sucks [&:]
Hey no offense man, but sov is running 210 on the stock y8. Nothing done to the engine, they're just save up to around the 225 range. The current one he's building (in other words a built d series) is going to handle WAY more than that. I think he said he was shooting for over 400's with race gas.