HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   throttle BODY???????? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/throttle-body-33225/)

kman92civicsi 11-23-2006 06:37 PM

throttle BODY????????

today i was working on my car and i was going to replace the throttle body. just to kill some time,. i removed the four nuts and unplugged the two plugs. then i realised i couldnt get the throttle body off i did not have any wd40 i put it back oon and now i am having problems when i try to turn her over. it sputteres to a nast stop . after like 3 seconds i put the plugs back on and hooked the fileter back on nuts back on . i tried disconnecting the negative on the battery and reatatching it so it oculd reset the ecu. and it still sucks what is causing this any suggestions.

riceburner700 11-23-2006 06:51 PM

RE: throttle BODY????????

so did you take the throttle body off? then reinstalled it and now the car wont run right?

kman92civicsi 11-23-2006 08:44 PM

No i could not get it off, i removed the four nuts on it and tried to take it off, i removed the plugs that go to it and the aftermarket air intake!... i could not get the throttle body off. so i figured FUC* i will wait till my boy can come over and help me. so i put the four nuts back on and put the air intake back on and put the plugs back on. i tried starting it up and it sputtered. bba bababa babab kkkkkkccccccchhhh then it stopped,. by the way it sounded just like that. i will try n get a sound clip tomorow . it may be out of gas but i didnt think so cuzz i started it yestererday and after i did that work, the gas in no doubtidly low though

HARI. 11-23-2006 09:08 PM

make sure you didn't get the tps and map sensor mixed up

kman92civicsi 11-23-2006 10:10 PM

i dont think i did i made sure to check wich one was wich before i removed them another way i can tell is because the one going through the firewall was a lot shorter than the other

Pete 11-23-2006 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: HARI.

make sure you didn't get the tps and map sensor mixed up
I dont think its the map you need to be worried about, there are two sensors on the back thou that have the exact clips.......double check em........are u getting a check engine light?

kman92civicsi 11-23-2006 10:40 PM

two sensors on the back of were bro, what do you mean the back. i do not think i got the check engine light i will check it tomorow. afrter school. what would it mean if the chek engine light did come on. and if id didnt come on what does that mean, anyways i am going to bed i will check this thread tomorow, thanx for your help guys much gratcias

Pete 11-23-2006 10:44 PM

Try putting some gas in it first, being thats the easiest thing to try.

INJENalltheway 11-23-2006 11:00 PM

You have school the day after T-Day?

kman92civicsi 11-23-2006 11:48 PM

i ahve school today, friday, i sadi that when it was stil thursday.