Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

throttle BODY????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Default throttle BODY????????

today i was working on my car and i was going to replace the throttle body. just to kill some time,. i removed the four nuts and unplugged the two plugs. then i realised i couldnt get the throttle body off i did not have any wd40 i put it back oon and now i am having problems when i try to turn her over. it sputteres to a nast stop . after like 3 seconds i put the plugs back on and hooked the fileter back on nuts back on . i tried disconnecting the negative on the battery and reatatching it so it oculd reset the ecu. and it still sucks what is causing this any suggestions.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: throttle BODY????????

so did you take the throttle body off? then reinstalled it and now the car wont run right?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:44 PM

No i could not get it off, i removed the four nuts on it and tried to take it off, i removed the plugs that go to it and the aftermarket air intake!... i could not get the throttle body off. so i figured FUC* i will wait till my boy can come over and help me. so i put the four nuts back on and put the air intake back on and put the plugs back on. i tried starting it up and it sputtered. bba bababa babab kkkkkkccccccchhhh then it stopped,. by the way it sounded just like that. i will try n get a sound clip tomorow . it may be out of gas but i didnt think so cuzz i started it yestererday and after i did that work, the gas in no doubtidly low though

Old 11-23-2006, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

make sure you didn't get the tps and map sensor mixed up

Old 11-23-2006, 10:10 PM

i dont think i did i made sure to check wich one was wich before i removed them another way i can tell is because the one going through the firewall was a lot shorter than the other

Old 11-23-2006, 10:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: HARI.

make sure you didn't get the tps and map sensor mixed up
I dont think its the map you need to be worried about, there are two sensors on the back thou that have the exact clips.......double check em........are u getting a check engine light?

Old 11-23-2006, 10:40 PM

two sensors on the back of were bro, what do you mean the back. i do not think i got the check engine light i will check it tomorow. afrter school. what would it mean if the chek engine light did come on. and if id didnt come on what does that mean, anyways i am going to bed i will check this thread tomorow, thanx for your help guys much gratcias

Old 11-23-2006, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

Try putting some gas in it first, being thats the easiest thing to try.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:00 PM

You have school the day after T-Day?

Old 11-23-2006, 11:48 PM

i ahve school today, friday, i sadi that when it was stil thursday.

Quick Reply: throttle BODY????????