Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

vtec in and out update + other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 AM
HCF Member
Default vtec in and out update + other stuff

Hey guys.. I unpluged the hazard fuze to reset the ecu and been driving it for a week now and no codes, but my vtec still cuts in and out. B16a ( and my vtec engages at 5000rpm's )

My speedo has also been off sence ive owned it, if im going 70 my speedo says im going 80-85. ( not that big of a deal i guess but gewts anoying at times )

If im cruseing at around 3000rpm's in any gear if i give it a little amount more throttle then it kinda bogs but when i give it alot of throttle its fine cant figure it out..

I also installed a oil pressure gauge yesterday and i have 70psi when at a cold idle and 75 on highway and 45-50 at warm idle.. Oil im using is now is castrol full synthetic 5w30, I have no idea what the prevs. owner used

I read online that the trans fill for a b16a trany ( im guessing they changed the trans with the engine swap, could be wrong) is above the passengers side axle area.. I cant find it and I wont to make sure the fluid is no low..

Sorry for the long post and thanks in adv.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

Hey.. I ran some seafoam in the honda today, put in thru the vacume line and when I started it up it smoked like I had expected it to, when it kinda stopped i took it out for a spin and it smoked a little just crusing around after driving around for awhile I hammerd down on her and when vtec engaged smoke roled out like crazy ( kinda laughed but felt imbarest at the same time because I smoked out the car behind me lol ) so I slow to 2nd gear because of traffic once it cleared I got on her again and it smoked but not as much, did that once or twice more and then it stoped smoking.. vtec engaged like it should every time I got on it

Think maybe I had some **** caught up in the selonoid or something ( screen couldnt have been cloged eather because I took it out and cleaned it and inside the selonoid also) but yah got that off the to do list.

Now I still cant find were the tranny fill is.. any help on this would be great.. Thx