HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   What can I do performance wise for a SOHC Civic engine?? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/what-can-i-do-performance-wise-sohc-civic-engine-24756/)

Alteza10 07-05-2006 10:29 PM

What can I do performance wise for a SOHC Civic engine??

I want to know what mods I can do to gain HP, I don't want to do a swap either. I already have a cold air intake but what can I do about cams, pistons, and all that??

Nail I3unny 07-05-2006 10:36 PM

RE: What can I do performance wise for a SOHC Civic engine??

are you trying to stay N/A? what are your goals for this car? how much are you willing to spend.

AgentofDarkness 07-05-2006 10:37 PM

If your willing to change pistons, you might as well get an engine swap. But first, what car do you have and what is the engine that is currently in there?

riceburner700 07-05-2006 10:47 PM

he said he "DIDNT" want an engine swap^^^

finalimpact 07-06-2006 12:07 AM

which engine?

AgentofDarkness 07-06-2006 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

he said he "DIDNT" want an engine swap^^^
Well yea, but if he is gonna take the engine apart to change pistons it will the same cost and labor to do a swap.

Alteza10 07-06-2006 07:58 AM

I have a 1.6L eingine in a 1997 EX Civic and i'm willing to spend maybe around 1 to 2 thousand.

riceburner700 07-06-2006 10:05 AM

turbo kit is gonna be your best bet with 1 to 2 thousand dollars...

t34me 07-06-2006 03:11 PM

OR, if you want to stay NA, with 2k you can easily get new valvetrain, throw a stage 2 cam in there, then get some high compression pistons (maybe 11:1, 11.5:1) and some forged rods. All these quality parts can be found on ebay, you dont have to get no name brand. People sell JE and weisco pistons for $300, same for some eagle rods, about $200 for cam, and skunk2 or crower springs and retainers for the same, so you got say $1200 in parts, and $800 for labor. That would make for kick a** NA D-series.

Nail I3unny 07-06-2006 07:16 PM

^^^i like the way this guy thinks. get a stage 2 crower N/A cam and whatever valvtrain their website says you need with that, some JE flattop pistons and some Eagle H-beams. get someone to do the pistons and rods, then do the headwork yourself, then take the money you save by doing your own head work and get a good tune. you should be well over 200hp with that setup....oh and you might wanna start saving $$ for an exhaust and header. also...i'd start researching ITB's if i were you. N/A hondas LOVE them.