HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   What can I do performance wise for a SOHC Civic engine?? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/what-can-i-do-performance-wise-sohc-civic-engine-24756/)

Kedawei 08-12-2006 03:11 PM

RE: What can I do performance wise for a SOHC Civic engine??

ORIGINAL: Marty

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

200whp N/A is not easy on a D-series. It takes a full race motor on race gas to break that mark. And Nail, I don't know why you nut over ITBs so much. They're baller, but in actuality they only make 5-15hp over a normal single TB set up in most cases. If they're something you have the ability to fab yourself cost effectively than there's no reason not to do so, but otherwise they're just not worth cost.
Because 15hp is a good jump on a NA D or B series honda engine. Food for thought a K20 with ITB's, a set of cams, full exhaust, and K-Pro will pull higher whp numbers than a EVO with full bolt ons, actually it will pull anywhere from 20 to 35whp more.
I don't know if any companies even make ITBs for D series motors, and I'd imagine custom one's wouldn't be cheap. 2 grand maybe? To a hardcore N/A guy that might be worth it. Not for me though.

Marty 08-12-2006 04:39 PM

Well all you have to do is get a S2 or a edlebrock intake manifold and cut it around midway through the runners and use cbr 600 or cbr 900 ITB's. The main pain in the ass is the linkage and controlling fuel, and bypassing the ecu's lack of control because a number of sensors which are deleted. You can solve all this with a stand alone system.

Kedawei 08-12-2006 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

If they're something you have the ability to fab yourself cost effectively than there's no reason not to do so, but otherwise they're just not worth cost.
That's why I said this.

mentaldis0rder 09-05-2006 03:02 PM

Anyone got any links on a company that makes ITB's for the D16?? I was told you need a custom manifold to go with them..

Nail I3unny 09-05-2006 10:04 PM

any weekend mechanic can make a custom set of ITB's. HMT has a sweet writeup on how to make custom ITB's out of an s2 manifold for like 500 bucks total.

mentaldis0rder 09-06-2006 04:02 AM

Do you get 500 dollars worth of performance? N/A wise i mean.. of course im not expecting turbo numbers

bad4yourdaughter 09-06-2006 01:55 PM

first off what is hmt??? sorry im a newb to abreviations,also will that itb setup work on a 92 d15b7

Nail I3unny 09-06-2006 03:21 PM

hmt = www.homemadeturbo.com

they have a ton of DIY projects. forum members do turbo projects, mostly custom fabbed piping and self-pieced kits, and turbocharge their cars. its a great site, but the forum members tend to be pricks. theyre always 'turbo this! swap that!' and there assholes about it if you're trying to stay N/A or use a D.

depending on how much work you have in your engine, you may or may not get 500 bucks worth of performance. keep in mind, its 500 plus labor that you will 99% of the time have to do yourself. on a stock engine, it wont net you much more than IHE will...but on a semi-built head it's supposed to be the best thing you can do for a N/A honda engine.