EP Swaps 2001+ Civics

EX>LX!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Default EX>LX!!

Is buying a D17A2 vtec head all i need to convert my LX engine to EX and get it to the EX stock 127hp???
Or do i need to buy anything else to make the install work? Im thinking of finding the part in a junkyard and changing it on my car, then adding stage 1 camshafts (and maybe valvetrain kit + pistons and Apexi S-AFC2)
I think doing this will add some good gains. If the head is all i need i will have 12hp more and then another 8 or so w/stage 1. Thats 20 on top of the basic i/e/p set-up i have now + a air/fuel controller

(My LX enigne is D17A1 and the EX is D17A2)

what do you guys think>?

Old 10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: EX>LX!!

I asked the same question before and was mocked... the engines are different between our LXs and EXs... putting on a header wont really make much of a difference, like 3 horsepower more... the whole Intake/Header/Exhaust thing will make us feel like we've got a ton of power, but we will still lose to any EX with no mods. The EX has little differences like gears and whatnot... I am going to finish my undercarraige with an EX header and a hi flow cat but I am not expecting much even though I got a CAI and catback exhaust.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

but would the head fit? its the same engine block so wouldnt it? Im thinking about doing the same thing

Old 01-12-2007, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

Well what you can do, I believe, is swap out an equivalent aftermarket header but then you MUST buy a catalytic converter for it.. then you just finish it with a good piping for exhaust and you're ready for some bigger gains once you got the money for it.