General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

"what have you done to your civic today?"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Default installing HID/Projectors....

WELL i'm pumped....FED ex deliverd last sat..the corrected version of projectors with the hids...so this will be the first day I can work on Blackie...So far the $2500 build has been a series of buying these 3 times the other 2 were wrong and sent back..2 sets of hids, also sent back too....and I just sent the rear lens back...too..over $300
Name:  IMG_2591-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  82.1 KB

So once I get a good ballast for the driver side...Yeah..more drama..and I gotta find amber 3496 turn signal bulbs.straight from china..because nobody has them stateside...I'm still checking...I finally ordered the rear LED's lens correctly..so the next update will be that... stay tuned.

found the amber bulbs....used 1157a (amber) worked perfectly..!

night shot..part 2

Name:  IMG_2601-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  39.2 KB

Last edited by SubCode; 10-19-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

Black is probably the only color that looks right with those headlights.

Safelite came out today to replace the windshield. Took about 25-30 minutes after he showed up, new trim, new glass, $322 less in my pocket.

It makes it feel like a brand new car again, so nice to be able to see clearly out on a sunny day.

I have some trim paint and clearcoat, need to sand, primer, paint the wiper arms since those are chipped, then out to buy some rainx wiperblades(old windshield would eat wiper blades within a week if it had rained a few days.)

Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Default got LED's?

Yeah I found these on the bay.....I chipped a corner which I fixed...I'm going to the round thing instead of the acura intergra retro thing..just updating the 97 Civ to a 2011 vibe...still have plenty to do..I also reinstalled those DRLs to 1 watter's..wow what a difference now functionality during the day...honestly I'm a euro guy with a jdm car....anyway..pictures
Name:  IMG_2677-1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  42.3 KB
Name:  IMG_2775-1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  22.1 KB

Last edited by SubCode; 11-08-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

I liked your headlights, but the tail lights just aren't doing anything but giving you and "their" opinion of Honda's and their drivers a bad name.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
I liked your headlights, but the tail lights just aren't doing anything but giving you and "their" opinion of Honda's and their drivers a bad name.
I agree with you that's why I'm still looking for a way to modify them...next week they will be finished "the outside driver side was totally ill..like the bottom left hand post did not fit at all without some serious modification which I wanted to do.. this week I'm rice..F it I know....and I don't care, flame me it's my ride, work in progress, but to go back to those ugly *** yellow and red stock lens is just as much a gag for me....hint some paint and smoke will pull these lights back into the look I'm going for. Thanks for your feedback..but believe me I see it and hear ya...ha, ha, ha!!!

my ebayer is the best they replaced the bad lens, no questions and fedex it back to me....I would give there name ahh f it..(CTRusa) was pro..great customer service

so i will finish this install...stay tuned....

Last edited by SubCode; 11-03-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: update.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

Pulled the EK out for the first time in over 1 year. Is now my primary vehicle instead of secondary due to loss of job in the last 3 months. Stang got repo’d. Anywho, new drivers side CV axle installed, 02 sensor replace (after a hellish nightmare of the prior owner of the motor stripping the threads on the manifold) what was a 10 min job turned into a 3hr one when I have to drop the manifold. Nevertheless, passed inspection. Now just need to get:

Rear camber kit
Alignment
New tires
New struts
Radio (sold it a while ago due to bills)
Drivers and Passenger side window motors
Good wash and wax

PS. Its always good to have your car sit for over a year (kept seafoam in it) and it fire right up and drive right... just sayin

Last edited by chasemclemore; 10-24-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Default LCA installed!

Lower control arms install done...
done in about an hour....wasn't that hard
upcoming next mod...standby!!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 PM
The Man

Originally Posted by SubCode
Lower control arms install done...
done in about an hour....wasn't that hard
upcoming next mod...standby!!!!
dude how was it not hard?! i cant get the damn bolt off mine!!!

i washed my dc2 =) and installed oem mud flaps...she sits to low they are an inch from the gound....i love it haha

Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by chrismag
dude how was it not hard?! i cant get the damn bolt off mine!!!

i washed my dc2 =) and installed oem mud flaps...she sits to low they are an inch from the gound....i love it haha
I just waited an hour after spraying a bolt loosener on it...so essentially it was 2 hours...I had to find a 1/2 14mm socket for my 1/2 breaker bar...when I got back it was easy peasy 1 hour ..

Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 PM

not today yesterday i washed it completely

Last edited by jamescody; 11-09-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: "what have you done to your civic today?"