HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   "what have you done to your civic today?" (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/%22what-have-you-done-your-civic-today-%22-20383/)

ct22h 05-02-2012 10:53 AM

http://i49.tinypic.com/t85evc.png

All of these posts are so fun to read! I guess I'll give it a try! I just got this brand new 2012 Honda Civic LX. Today, I cleaned the inside because my little girl's such a mess :) and went to get my windows tinted, just a bit around 20%.

Mike h 05-06-2012 08:06 PM

Hooked up my new euro head light an put new bulbs in tail lights
Waiting for me new springs

inthezoneac 05-10-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ct22h (Post 777381)
http://i49.tinypic.com/t85evc.png

All of these posts are so fun to read! I guess I'll give it a try! I just got this brand new 2012 Honda Civic LX. Today, I cleaned the inside because my little girl's such a mess :) and went to get my windows tinted, just a bit around 20%.

hope you enjoy the car....but why are your tires red?

Mike h 05-11-2012 09:11 AM

Doing coil overs today on my civic
Maybe repaint the b18 valve cover
And might be puting a trany in a 2000 civic

jayrdee 06-04-2012 07:30 PM

Im on the hot rod power your and added 300 miles today to a now total of over 1000 miles in 3 days. Took the civic autocrossing

jayrdee 06-04-2012 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by jayrdee (Post 778531)
Im on the hot rod power tour and added 300 miles today to a now total of over 1000 miles in 3 days. Took the civic autocrossing

For the first time today and broke the nut (it was probably an old/loose nut) holding the throttle cable bracket to the intake manifold. Now the cable is very loose and doesn't engage until I push the pedal halfway down. I had fun so its a successful day in my opinion :D

(it won't let me edit my post on my iPod)

ChristianL 06-05-2012 04:52 AM

Props for taking the Civic on the Power Tour. :cool:

jayrdee 06-05-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChristianL (Post 778540)
Props for taking the Civic on the Power Tour. :cool:

Haha thanks man. I love being able to drive long distances and not having to fill up as often as all the other guys lol. Me n my dad both agreed it was a good call physically and financially driving the civic, unlike last year in his fox body mustang GT with no stereo haha

jayrdee 06-05-2012 05:50 PM

Also temporarily fixed the throttle body cable issue with a few zip ties

twiser21 06-22-2012 08:50 PM

d16y8 build

took my d16y8 motor that i bought and finally put it up on an engine stand so i can start to rebuild it, and eventually swap it into my 97 civic dx. drained the oil, and started to investigate on what i want to do to the motor so i can eventually get more power out of it once its stripped down to the block. thinking about boring it out larger so i can get more power, but I'm not sure yet. if you have any ideas on ways to get more power for cheap, while keeping it smog legal, that would be awesome.

zerojett 06-23-2012 08:28 AM

stared at my civic, hoping it would tell me why my relay clicks when at ignition. :/

CivicDX99Silver 07-01-2012 07:06 AM

washed it

*Merged Post*

vacuumed the carpets

*Merged Post*

replaced the water pump, thermostat and radiator

*Merged Post*

hoses too*

*Merged Post*

I have to reinstall the iacv today too. sorry for the bunch of posts. new here

inthezoneac 07-01-2012 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by zerojett (Post 779200)
stared at my civic, hoping it would tell me why my relay clicks when at ignition. :/

because your blinker or hazards are on?

what relay are you talking about?

*Merged Post*

Originally Posted by CivicDX99Silver (Post 779483)
I have to reinstall the iacv today too. sorry for the bunch of posts. new here

edit your post and add everything in one post....

skullkandy17 07-04-2012 06:55 PM

Well i have a unknown leak in the trunk so i got all the water out and cleaned it, than sprayed some liquid rubber sealent in the trunk to hopefully stopp it from leaking it came out pretty nice cuzz its all black and looks crispy now :) i hope i stopped the leak cuzz im putting hardwood flooring in the trunk

zerojett 07-04-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac (Post 779485)
because your blinker or hazards are on?

what relay are you talking about?

it is difficult to explain but easy to replicate. if you take off your thermostat ground, you'll experience what I was experiencing. lol. needless to say, it's fixed and running.

Does looking at parts online count as doing something to your Civic?

MrGonzo123 07-15-2012 11:34 AM

Glow Gauges

I installed Reverse Glow Gauges this weekend.. It was pretty easy. I youtube a video on how to do.. and did it LOL:D

HondaHolly 08-16-2012 06:32 AM

Got a transmission drain&fill.
Got the brakes flushed.
Washed it.
Pushed it to 6000RPM to show off. :cool:

MrGonzo123 08-18-2012 05:57 AM

Lasik surgery LOL

I installed new Fog Lights and Xenon HID 8000K Saturday morning. I just gave my EJ6 Lasik Surgery

pbudzy 08-19-2012 09:34 PM

1989 civic dx hatch

today I bought it. :D

austinwayne47 09-04-2012 12:18 PM

didnt do much to my civic today just drove it kinda hard. im wanting to put a vtech motor in my car, its just too slow. me and 2 of my friends have the same model 99 civics but they have SI's and mine is an ex. it sucks riding behind them. let me know if anyone has some suggestions for speedhttp://tinypic.com/r/sf9ksw/6

inthezoneac 09-04-2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by austinwayne47 (Post 781665)
didnt do much to my civic today just drove it kinda hard. im wanting to put a vtech motor in my car, its just too slow. me and 2 of my friends have the same model 99 civics but they have SI's and mine is an ex. it sucks riding behind them. let me know if anyone has some suggestions for speedhttp://tinypic.com/r/sf9ksw/6

it's vtec

your ex should be nearly right with them unless yours is an automatic.

hybred-1 09-05-2012 01:24 PM

Well I haven't been on here forever. So, here goes my civic sat basically stagnant for about 7 years only being pushed in and out of the garage. Until about 2 weeks I found a b16 transmission for a reasonable price. I brought it home looked it over and got my stuff attached to it. I got my civic off the ground, wheels off, gas tank drained, took headlights apart to fix and refinish, got a bunch of stuff to sell and possible a clutch lined up. Getting ready to wake her up hopefully this weekend!!!!

STevo

MrGonzo123 09-06-2012 12:59 PM

Hands free

I installed a removable steering wheel... Feels like I'm driving a go cart

MrGonzo123 09-19-2012 09:02 PM

I installed a n exhaust system I got off of eBay. I had to make some modifications, but overall it fit and sounds great

Mike h 09-20-2012 04:57 AM

Looking for a new civic last Friday 1pm I got t boned at 55
I will post pics if someone tells me how

milhouse 09-21-2012 04:35 PM

finally replaced all the belts, on mine. talked about doing it for months. also fixed the electrical short. time for a beer to celebrate:D

droopy128 09-22-2012 07:34 PM

Changed all the bypass/heater/coolant hoses, cuz one of them busted yesterday, so decided to change them all.. i think about 8 of them, except the upper & lower radiator hoses.

BlvdKnight 09-23-2012 05:26 AM

I put a few tasteful decals I picked up on the windscreen and wiped down the interior and shook off the mats so the gf doesn't think I'm a slob lol

milhouse 09-28-2012 06:35 PM

this evening had fun removing the pass side axle nut. tried yesterday jumping on it no dice. today tried a 7' cheater bar. snapped the breaker bar like a twig. exchanged it. thought it was gonna happen again but... SUCCESS!!! another beer was in order, now to figure out how to remove the driveaxle.

MrGonzo123 09-29-2012 04:48 AM

Axle

Originally Posted by milhouse (Post 782282)
this evening had fun removing the pass side axle nut. tried yesterday jumping on it no dice. today tried a 7' cheater bar. snapped the breaker bar like a twig. exchanged it. thought it was gonna happen again but... SUCCESS!!! another beer was in order, now to figure out how to remove the driveaxle.

Go to youtube and check out this guy named Eric the car guy... He's helpful

milhouse 09-29-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by MrGonzo123 (Post 782289)
Go to youtube and check out this guy named Eric the car guy... He's helpful

funny you meantion that. watched the vid. joined his forum about a week ago.

maldi413 11-06-2012 05:15 AM

Eg hatch

i checked to see if my b16a2 spun a bearing now i gotta torque em all down and put a head on it .. i was thinkin of maybe using the b18b1 head i have but there is a lil rust on maybe 2 lobs on one of the cams.. IS THERE A WAY TO REMOVE IT OR SHUD I GET NEW CAMS?

cvcrcr99 11-06-2012 06:02 AM

^^Make a new thread if you have questions. This is not a question and answer thread.

Late last night, I pulled off my wink mirror and reinstalled the stock visors and rear view mirror.

Zoz 11-09-2012 04:03 AM

Just installed HEKO wind deflectors on my EU8 civic. Looks cooler, and well, i will be able to use the windows on highway without blowing my head off :)

hybred-1 11-10-2012 04:14 AM

Finally!!!!

After my civic sitting stagnant with a blown transmission for 7 1/2 years... She is alive!!!! The last few weekends I spent putting in the transmission, changing the fuel pump, main relay, fluids, bleeding the clutch lines, putting the front end back together and a couple other details. She is purring like she never went down in the first place.!!! Pretty exciting. Need some tires and a battery and will be on the road! Just in time to be my winter car. Gotta put the Evo up this winter.

STEVO

milhouse 11-10-2012 06:00 AM

driveaxle changed, and put on the snowies. no more fixing i hope till next spring. supposed to be nice tomorrow so hoping to wax that mofo probably the last chance ill get

HondaHolly 11-15-2012 10:20 AM

Had a 70 deg day in western new york... rare for November! So I took the opportunity to wash my civic, and treat a rust spot under the passenger side door. Sanded off the flaking rust, painted on some Rust-Oleum, and then painted it to match my car.

AndrewH. 11-15-2012 12:32 PM

Well yesterday i gave it a good hour wash,
i can see my reflection in the paint :D
and cleaned the windows pretty good.

here in LA in the mornings the car get all misty and watery like if it rained the night before, i got up this morning and wiped all of that off, and its now shinning again :)

inthezoneac 12-01-2012 01:02 PM

well today was productive.

i cleaned up all my injector wires with some braided nylon mesh, including my purge control valve wires in all that mess.

I also replaced the front rotors with some cryostop blanks, replaced front pads with hawk hps and painted all 4 calipers and dust shields with G2 black paint.

I couldn't replace the rear rotors because the two screws holding them in were on good and I have nothing to torque them off. I'll have to stop by a friends sometime during the week to get them removed.

But I do have matching rear rotors and pads waiting to go on.

Other than that, only thing left to do tomorrow is replace the front upper ball joints. I have skunk2 arms and the ball joint unit is replaceable. It's been about 3 years since I got them and it's time they get replaced, starting to loosen up where they seat.

I do need some more brake cleaner so I can blast this paint off my hands. No gojo/hand cleaner is getting this off.

*Update*

Bought a hand impact driver, got all screws out holding both rear rotors. Probably one of the best tools I have, I was surprised to see it work so well with little effort.

Finished installed new rear rotors and pads.

Installed both front upper ball joints, need to get another alignment soon, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow or tuesday from Honda. This is probably the only thing I take my car to the dealership for.

Then when all was done I drove for a few minutes to break in pads. The initial bite sucked bad, but it got progressively better. Because of the new rotors I won't have max stopping power for a few hundred miles. So, it looks like my rebuilt motor and brakes should be broken in completely about the same time.

*Update 12-5-12*

Noticed I had a puddle of coolant under car yesterday. I squeezed the upper radiator hose and noticed coolant just pouring out behind the motor. Keep in mind I had my motor completely rebuilt a couple weeks ago. It was leaking out the o-ring seal where the coolant pipe goes into the water pump/block housing.

Luckily Honda had 2 new o-rings in stock. Picked them up, went home and this job was very easy. I had done my thermostat before. This is pretty much the same process except you take off the entire thermostat housing instead of just the cover. Got that off, pulled pipe out, noticed the o-ring was torn completely on on spot that allowed it to leak. So I replaced both o-rings and greased them up with some radiator grease I got with my mishimoto radiator hoses. The slid easily without the rings pinching or tearing.

Had to add more coolant and bleed system a little bit, all is good now :) Thanksfully I was off today and Honda had the parts in stock. I didn't want to wait until Sunday to work on it.

aztecaa 08-18-2013 11:29 AM

This past 3 weeks:
1. Had alarm installed(Fry's) $160
2. Had Boss Stereo installed (Fry's)$350
3. Replaced Alternator.
4 Changed PCV Valve
5. Changed Oil, Filter w/ Synthetic 10W-30
6. Converted Music Videos for stereo USB port
7. Adjusted HD Koni Yellows to bottom perch level.