General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

01 Civic Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Default 01 Civic Question

2001 Civic EX Coupe Automatic Black

Question guys. Just bought that car, used for 8,600. One problem with it. When I click the button on my drivers side door to unlock the door, it unlocks and locks my drivers door, but not my passengers door. Now I think this is somthing wrong with my car, but I am now double thinking. I notice on the passengers side, there is no button to unlock and lock it automatically, just the option to press the lock up with your finger. So, does the drivers side lock/unlock button control the passengers side lock? Thanks.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Default RE: 01 Civic Question

I would imagine it should, my 03 ex coupe unlocks both sides

Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

On my '00 VP sedan, I have to push once to unlock the driver door and twice to unlock the others. Yours may also need a new motor or something though.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:50 AM
HCF Member

its your actuator in your passenger door lock, mines dead too. and yes, the drivers side power lock button controls the passenger side... if only the actuator wasn't busted. I am thinking about fixing it myself... not sure yet though since it really doesn't bother me.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM

Ahh alright, thanks guys. It doesn't really bother me, but it could prove to be annoying in the future. I don't mind saying to the person before they close the door "hit the lock down on the way out."

Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Solim123

Ahh alright, thanks guys. It doesn't really bother me, but it could prove to be annoying in the future. I don't mind saying to the person before they close the door "hit the lock down on the way out."
haha that always seems to be the "lose lose" situation with me. If i tell them to lock it I get, "Already know you dont have to remind me", and if I dont say anything it doesn't get locked and I have to climb through. It's not hard to get the doorapart, but trying to get the lock assymbly out seems to be a little bit of a pain. Than, let alone I heard changing the actuator is a pain to so ya might as well change the whole lock assymbly. Oh well, good luck in the car and rest assured... you made a good decision on your car.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

Oh yeah, and if you have a gf, you could always do the gentlemen thing of unlocking and opening their door first [sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: jd352

ORIGINAL: Solim123

haha that always seems to be the "lose lose" situation with me. If i tell them to lock it I get, "Already know you dont have to remind me", and if I dont say anything it doesn't get locked and I have to climb through. It's not hard to get the doorapart, but trying to get the lock assymbly out seems to be a little bit of a pain. Than, let alone I heard changing the actuator is a pain to so ya might as well change the whole lock assymbly. Oh well, good luck in the car and rest assured... you made a good decision on your car.
lol, thanks. Any idea on how much it would cost to fix?

Oh yeah, and if you have a gf, you could always do the gentlemen thing of unlocking and opening their door first [sm=smiley17.gif]
I'll keep that in mind when I get one again lol.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
HCF Member

more than youd want to pay. i used to own a 94 camry (auto) and on the cluster the little D light for drive burnt out. 200 dollars to fix some stupid bulb. i could only imagine how much it would cost to fix an acutator or whatever to make the doors unlock. i have an 01 ex coupe too and when u hit the switch it unlocks or locks both doors so theres clearly something wrong. doesnt hurt to get an estimate from ur honda dealer though.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 AM
HCF Member

its actually not that bad. the whole lock assembly is 58 and the actuator is 17 bucks. so if you do it yourself it will only cost that much if you get it done by the dealer I dont know... maybe your right big toe.