HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   12 g's under the hood (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/12-gs-under-hood-56658/)

speedyturtle 12-04-2007 01:26 PM

12 g's under the hood

this prelude at my school says he's got 12 grand under the hood and i dont believe him for a second. he has a carbon fiber hood and trunk and other than that nothing even SOUNDS remotley modded. he has a fart can exhasut and i know for a fact he aint no sleep becasue he has 1000 dollar rims on it, but isn't12 g's under the hood is a little iffy?

95civic1.6l 12-04-2007 01:30 PM

RE: 12 g's under the hood

what the h**l kind of engine is he rocking. If it doesn't sound modded then it prolly doesn't. 12,000 dollars would mean you would hear it. lol. What he do blow through 10 engines lol.

speedyturtle 12-04-2007 01:44 PM

he is still runnin the h22

reaper2022 12-04-2007 01:47 PM

1) he probably included the $1000 rims in his "under the hood price". If he has a stereo, the same goes for that.
2) call him out on it... he's a lying jacka**. With that much money in mods, there's absolutely no way it would sound stock.

*edit: cf hoods cost $500 or so, and trunk lids are another $500. So add that onto the "12 g's under the hood" price list. I'd be willing to bet he's one of those people that include the prices of everything they've done to the car when they talk about how much money they spent in engine mods. And even if he is, I'd be willing to bet my car that he still exaggerated the price.

FlipHKD720 12-04-2007 02:00 PM

tell him to give you a list of eveyrthing he's got, and be like "I'm so impressed, lemme take an under the hood picture to show HCF, they'd love to see it, for real!" and then post up a pic :)

jpnolan 12-04-2007 02:02 PM

12 gs thats not a lot is shi t 12 gs hahah jp dam wtf is he using i bet he glued hundred dollar bills to the hood hahha lmao

FlipHKD720 12-04-2007 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

12 gs thats not a lot is shi t 12 gs hahah jp dam wtf is he using i bet he glued hundred dollar bills to the hood hahha lmao
what?

jpnolan 12-04-2007 02:14 PM

lmao haha

Fiirkan 12-04-2007 02:27 PM

1) Cars don't talk... i'm assuming you meant that the owner says there is 12g's under the hood
2) Tell him the price of th car doesn't count

Strong Island 12-04-2007 02:36 PM

that sounds like something Don Vido would say LMAO

Fiirkan 12-04-2007 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Strong Island

that sounds like something Don Vido would say LMAO

No Don Vito would be more like "sdj vjsbe sdjdnweuib 12 g sjhdihbds **** fakjkslghdiejh dljedihd".. but that would be when he is worked up lol

jpnolan 12-04-2007 02:45 PM

i thought some one would recgonize it

TheMoogly 12-04-2007 03:02 PM

Not me!

Hailchristian 12-04-2007 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

1) Cars don't talk... i'm assuming you meant that the owner says there is 12g's under the hood
that made me laugh.....so i will quote you and let every one know that you made me laugh...

best part about viva la bam is that the translations on the bottom of the screen for don vito dont even make since...

s0ulj3r 12-04-2007 05:24 PM

The only possible way to have 12 g's under the hood, would maybe be to buy a brand new OEM motor from honda, and do some stuff to it.. get a pic, or a list.. and im sure itll be way under 12g's, if he has alot of machining done, thats just machine work.. and he probably overpriced it to prove his point.

koots 12-04-2007 05:57 PM

I love those people. there was guy i went to school with who had a ranger that he said had $3000 dollars done in mods. had a conversation with his dad at the store where i worked and he told me he spent 3 grand on ball joints,tie rods, CV's, misc. engine parts for repair purposes. Called the guy out and he shut up.

You also gotta love the people who claim to have spent hundreds of dollars more for parts just because they think it is expensive, it works better. Like in the off-road truck scene, where you have some yuppy with an 05 F-150 with alot of bling big expensive wheels and tires and a thousand dollar lift. just because of the money he thinks it is better and gets it stuck in 5 mins down a trail. Who pulls him out? some guy with an old chev pickup worth about 1500 dollars total. goes to show money doesn't always mean quality.

s0ulj3r 12-04-2007 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: koots

I love those people. there was guy i went to school with who had a ranger that he said had $3000 dollars done in mods. had a conversation with his dad at the store where i worked and he told me he spent 3 grand on ball joints,tie rods, CV's, misc. engine parts for repair purposes. Called the guy out and he shut up.

You also gotta love the people who claim to have spent hundreds of dollars more for parts just because they think it is expensive, it works better. Like in the off-road truck scene, where you have some yuppy with an 05 F-150 with alot of bling big expensive wheels and tires and a thousand dollar lift. just because of the money he thinks it is better and gets it stuck in 5 mins down a trail. Who pulls him out? some guy with an old chev pickup worth about 1500 dollars total. goes to show money doesn't always mean quality.

and thats thee truth!

speedyturtle 12-05-2007 04:25 AM

i over heard him talking to someone in the hall and i asked him about what he was runnin, he said he still had the h22 but put in a turbo and some simple engine stuf, i asked if could tale a peek but he said his hinges on his hood were broke from when he intalled his cf hood on wrong, ?????? but anyway i aksed some of the people who hang wiht him and none of them have even seen under the hood but they say he's fast. but all the people he hangs with drive riced out civics with altezzas and rims or for focuses with iced windows so i dunno, im stil doubtful.

VERY DOUBTFUL,

ill be able to get my license in a month and all jsut tell him i have 20g's under my hood and will see if that will convince him to give his hood a little pop.

kokasian 12-05-2007 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have 12Gs under the hood too
Attachment 30493

07_civiclx_ms 12-05-2007 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

2) Tell him the price of th car doesn't count
haha exactly my thought

99lx 12-05-2007 09:22 AM

nothing even SOUNDS remotley modded.

but he said his hinges on his hood were broke from when he intalled his cf hood on wrong, ??????
I'm going to put 2 and 2 together and say....

[IMG]local://upfiles/16278/7E58E8C83F6347788E4FF61317BA791B.jpg[/IMG]

Mossy 12-05-2007 09:35 AM

look at it this way, if he spent that much money on his engine, he's definitely had it on the dyno. ask for the dyno sheet.

Doug30 12-05-2007 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: kokasian

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...civic/12gs.jpg

There must be some serious power going on there....each g probally adds like 30 hp

reaper2022 12-05-2007 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: speedyturtle

i over heard him talking to someone in the hall and i asked him about what he was runnin, he said he still had the h22 but put in a turbo and some simple engine stuf, i asked if could tale a peek but he said his hinges on his hood were broke from when he intalled his cf hood on wrong, ?????? but anyway i aksed some of the people who hang wiht him and none of them have even seen under the hood but they say he's fast. but all the people he hangs with drive riced out civics with altezzas and rims or for focuses with iced windows so i dunno, im stil doubtful.

Seeing as how the bolts that hold the hood on are under the hood, I think I have to ask how he got the hood on in the first place...

And think about it... you're talking about ricers... sorry, I just don't trust anybody who thinks just a fartpipe will add 30hp to the wheels.

Nerosync 12-05-2007 12:22 PM

I know what you are getting at, However getting a truck stuck does not neccesarily mean the money or quality was at fault. In those instances the driver can be worth his weight in gold. An exspensive rig with a ****ty driver isn't going to go anywhere a junker with a great driver couldn't. The same applies to cars and their drivers, the driver can make up for a lot of mechanical mismatches if he has the skills to do so.

cyberx32 12-05-2007 02:57 PM

The h22 is a bigger better engine than the riced out civics, so of course they are gonna think that car is "super fast" compared to their cars.

ltkenbo 12-05-2007 03:14 PM

Lol, this guy is probably full of crap. Plus I believe h22's are hard to boost, at least to boost a lot without messing them up.

koots 12-05-2007 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

I know what you are getting at, However getting a truck stuck does not neccesarily mean the money or quality was at fault. In those instances the driver can be worth his weight in gold. An exspensive rig with a ****ty driver isn't going to go anywhere a junker with a great driver couldn't. The same applies to cars and their drivers, the driver can make up for a lot of mechanical mismatches if he has the skills to do so.
But the point was: money isn't everything. i know i may have gone a little OT, but having 12G's ofmisappropriated money under the hood doesn't mean you're gonna have the fastest, bestcar in town.Same as 12G's doesn't mean your gonna have the best truck in the world either. along with the driver and the building, you can get better results with being creative instead of just throwing money at it.

Pete 12-05-2007 05:36 PM

maybe he just got ripped off.

Nerosync 12-06-2007 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

But the point was: money isn't everything. i know i may have gone a little OT, but having 12G's ofmisappropriated money under the hood doesn't mean you're gonna have the fastest, bestcar in town.Same as 12G's doesn't mean your gonna have the best truck in the world either. along with the driver and the building, you can get better results with being creative instead of just throwing money at it.
I agree with you, I was just commenting on your example. 12G's under the hood is an a$$load of money and for it to not sound like it is about to literally take off on a runway is a bit hard to swallow. Even if he got ripped off and overpaid on all the bolt on's he could find, I still don't think you could come close to 12's and you wuld still know it was somewhat tweeked.

koots 12-06-2007 06:23 AM

Agreed!! bottom line is:

BS and the guy is an idiot. call him out and make him look like a fool. anyone with that amount of power is gonna want to show it off. especially the kind that brags about it to random people.

ltkenbo 12-06-2007 08:46 AM

Hey, next time you see this guy. Just tell him, unless he's willing to show you under the hood, then your convinced he's full of crap. After that, don't even waste your time with him. Your just giving him the attention he wants. You know he's full of crap.

95civic1.6l 12-06-2007 09:03 AM

I think you should call him out. How does his hood not work. How convenient. lol.

99lx 12-06-2007 03:12 PM

If he still doesn't want to show you, get underneath the kid's car in the parking lotand take a peek and see if you see anything that remotely looks like an aftermarket part...I have a feeling you won't find anything...lol

Exhausted 12-06-2007 03:33 PM

Maybe he wrote "G" twelve times on his valve cover. Who knows? get some pics.

civicexracer 12-06-2007 03:49 PM

$12k spent in the right places with the right parts would make for one ridiculous setup. it'd be hard to hide that kinda performance. if he's got so much money to toss around under the hood, he cant spend some pocket change to get new hinges or w/e crap? :eek:

timmytim 12-06-2007 10:13 PM

12 g's is excessive. [&:]

Civic Si 00 12-06-2007 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: kokasian

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...civic/12gs.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA Awesome...Some serious HP

ltkenbo 12-06-2007 10:44 PM

You'd think he'd have a car domain also. Ask if he does.

basbal123 12-07-2007 05:27 AM

yeaa i know if i had 12 g's undier the hood of my civic then i would love to show people hahah...ask him if he can afford 12 g's under the hood then why cant he afford new hinges hahah