General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

92 civic dx

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Default 92 civic dx

whats up brothers.just had my first 92 civic dx 5sp all in stock form the handling feel like a boat and plenty of body roll and the steering feel so soft and not even sharp,felt like it going to break any minute.that is compare to my stolen prelude my best car in stock form. so i had a plan to build it with over 10grand,on second thought a car like this,im not sure,what would the outcome be like.i really want to do it,so please tell me,im wrong

Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

damn that was confusing. so, in clear meaning, what are you asking?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I have no clue what you were trying to say (was your prelude stolen from you or did you acquire it in a questionable manner? lol), but I'll just say with $1,000 worth of suspension mods and good tires, my old civic handled better than any car I've ever driven before; no body roll, I never heard a complaint from the tires around a turn (the only time I ever heard the tires squeal while driving was when I locked up the brakes avoiding a possum), and the car happily stayed in my lane around even the tightest turns.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Probably the struts are the ones that came with it in 1992, and they're worn out, so that's why it handles so badly now. A stock Civic is of course by no means a sports car (unfair to compare it to a Prelude, that's why Honda sold both) but among economy cars they're pretty good.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:59 AM
August 2010 ROTM

As with everyone else, I'm sort of unsure what you were trying to say. But if you were asking if it's worth it to put the money into your EG, then hands down, YES! If you don't cheap out on suspension, your Civic will handle amazing! I just bought KYB AGX shocks, Ground Control coil-overs, and Function7 LCA's, but I haven't put them on yet (getting done this weekend.) I have a friend with the same setup (except for the LCA's,) and that car rides like it's on rails! The ride you get from a stock Civic, and the ride on a Civic with upgraded suspension (that's been done right,) shouldn't even be compared.

Last edited by jwmm04; 04-17-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 PM

hi,sorry. i had a prelude96 stock car,i love how it handle through turns and steering feel were tight and sharp,but got stolen,so now,brought a 92 5sp civic sedan also stock,i want to spend around over ten grand,my problem is my 92 civic sedan stock,with only 100kmiles,the suspension is perfect.but its soft feel like a boat and the steering feel very soft, weak indirect so i want to know,is it worth putting that much money in it.what the outcome will be like and the difference.i just think it won't make much difference.will it become a real sport car feel.planing going for a b18c type r,full suspension upgrade,tire n wheel full catback. and why all you guy use a hatchback to built

Last edited by B18civic; 04-17-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by jwmm04
As with everyone else, I'm sort of unsure what you were trying to say. But if you were asking if it's worth it to put the money into your EG, then hands down, YES! If you don't cheap out on suspension, your Civic will handle amazing! I just bought KYB AGX shocks, Ground Control coil-overs, and Function7 LCA's, but I haven't put them on yet (getting done this weekend.) I have a friend with the same setup (except for the LCA's,) and that car rides like it's on rails! The ride you get from a stock Civic, and the ride on a Civic with upgraded suspension (that's been done right,) shouldn't even be compared.
that is exactly,what i want to know,but i had a civic sedan,not a hatch,you guys has

Old 04-18-2009, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jwmm04
did you also notice the steering feel more sharp,tight,and more direct responds,after the upgrade.cause my stock civic sedan feels soft,weak,indirect and slow responds.let me know asap

Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM

thanks