General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

92 eg sedan here we go

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Lightbulb 92 eg sedan here we go

ok, first off, i havent done anything to the care yet. so if i am posting this in the wrong section let me know. i read the rules, but i plan on doing way more than a header.lol

just got my civic, it 92 eg sedan. new motor dropped in with 40k on it, stock tranny...etc

first im going for suspension because its all stock original parts. im thinking about the coilover sleeves, versus an actual coilover kit. im poor. what do you guys think about these "sleeves"? ive seen them on ebay for the cheap, but i havent seen any reviews on them. and also:

control arms w/ adj. camber
sway bars all around
maybe a big brake kit
tokico adj shocks, w/ adj coil over sleeves- any advice on these things?
all new bushings, and whatever else i need to make a good perfoming suspension.

15 inch wheels and tires, im looking for the rota look.

now for the motor.
the block like i said is very young, 40 k on it.

i really want to do the mini me swap, with the y8 head. from what i hear you get better compression with these.
i want to build the head propper, because i plan on putting a little boost in there one day.
cold air intake, im looking for one of those baffles that keep the water out. i cannot find one, any help?

y8 intake mani
im looking at ebay headers, but i dont hear many great things about these. so i might just save for a nice dc header. but i hate to fork out cash for a nice header when i plan on setting up a mitsubishi turbo as well. what to do?

is the rear exhaust turbo a good setup?
ive got a cat back system from a friends 91 civic coupe, i have the sedan. and i am not a metal worker, what would i have to do to make this fit? or should i just go for a new catback that fits my car? i hate the way those big *** 4-5 inch pipe looks, i would rather have like a 3 inch or somthing.
thats all for the performance for now, im sure this will change with myu budget.

for exterior mods, i wanna keep it mostly stock( no extreme body kit), just front and rear lips, and that ferio spoiler that i cant find any effin where. duck bill on the back, jdm 1 peice heads and tails, side markers, foglights and mudflaps. basically i want it to look like the ferio.

interior, well lets just say its the worse part of the car. my friend joe that i got it from was a complete slob. i mean coffee, ketchup, dirt, grease, grit and grime. its nasty in there. i took it to the wash and shampooed the heck out of everything. pointless, did not help or hurt just a waste of 20 dollars. should have just gotten a tank of gas or somthing.

i really want to find some good seats from another sports car, that fit well without too much fabrication. and i also found someone on ebay that sells complete capets for any car for like 150 or somthin like that. sounds like a good deal to me. also im going to paint the trim pieces to match the paint that im gonna do. satin olive green, with black dash and black everything else.

my bro has my camera right now, so i should be posting pics by next week.
wish me luck, and let me know if you have any advice or diy or anything that will help. thanks hcf

Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM

Sounds like a fun trip, i think the exhaust will fit.....i believe.clear fogs FTW. oh, and please please do not get chrome in your tailights. smoke em out. that is just my opinion

Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Chubby Chaser

Name:  96340-DSC00025.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  65.4 KB

intake bypass valve.

now for your build i suggest finding a z6 head froma 92-95 civic ex or si. you will also need the ditributor and the ecu (p28) now once the swap is done its just 2 extra wires you need to run to the ecu.

tokico is a good setup, we have a big section on suspension on our forum check it out and it will answer alot of your questions about that.

as for turbo dont go cheap and dont buy a cheapo kit from ebay. we also have a big section on turbos and common questions on it in our forum take a look.

coupe and sedan are way different for the exhaust and also being that its a 88-91 gen and yours is a 92-95 gen

for the intake swap get the z6 intake manifold from any 92-95 civic ex or si. its alot easier to install and it has the same performance as the y8 intake mani.

for seats look around for some integra seats they are quite comfy and just put your rails on them and they bolt right up.

any more questions just le me know.

also word of advise dont paint your interior like that.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 AM

haha no crome, i hate crome. smoke lenses are way better. im getting the black jdm 1 piece headlights with the amber corner, ebay cheap stillo.
and i found a guy on ebay that makes mini me coversion wires, for 20 bucks.
i said i was going with my suspension first, but i found lip kits and other things for cheap that i want first. will update with pics soon.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 AM

Sounds like a fun trip, i think the exhaust will fit.....i believe.clear fogs FTW. oh, and please please do not get chrome in your tailights. smoke em out. that is just my opinion
sorry quote button not working, cant you smoke the lens yourself? got a write up on that somewhere?

Old 03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Chubby Chaser

more info on this """mini me conversion wires.."" because all it takes is 2 wires and you run them to the ecu and put the vtec solnoid wire to pin a4 and the oil sensor wire to pin d6...... hell for 20 bucks ill send you the wire i have a few extra ecu pins.