General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

AEM V2 Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:28 AM
HCF Member

hey trust wat do u mean bout hydrolocking? sorry i'm still a rookie... lol. and like a said if i get a cai, i only plan to drive it on dry weather... but wats best to get better high end torque?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Chubby Chaser

youur putting way to much thought nd effort on an intake that dont give any noticable gains, you may get 5hp out of putting an intake on it, its not worth putting that much $$ into it, if you want top end, how about looking into putting a d16y8 intake manifold in, and an lite weight flywheel

Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

ah... but i knw the intake isn't much gain... i just wanted to know wats best to include with other parts... and that manifold u said is it bigger than mine on my 95 civic ex?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 AM

I wouldn't switch from Z6 to Y8 mani unless you got one laying around already. Not really worth the hassle.

And why would you only drive in dry weather just so you can have a CAI? It's not worth it. You don't need to do that anyway, just don't drive through massive puddles unless they are very shallow. Limiting yourself to only dry weather kind of limits the whole purpose of having a car... doesn't really make much sense, unless you have another car to be driving around and you somehow know by instinct when it will rain at any given time.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

so wats the best short ram to get then?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM

In my opinion, the one I linked you to a few posts ago (AEM). It's the cheapest name brand one out there and is really nice quality. eBay intake and a name brand filter will cost you around $80, so you might as well spend the $99 and get the AEM one.

Picture (ignore the two blue couplers...)

Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM
HCF Member

nice... so my question now is... wats good bout havin a cold air intake? basically overall... wats better?

Old 04-08-2010, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

CAI - Helps your torque which you would notice at the low rpm's, you notice the sound more than the actual power gain.
SRI - Helps your hp but keep in mind the gains are not going to be anything close to substantial.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
CAI - Helps your torque which you would notice at the low rpm's, you notice the sound more than the actual power gain.
SRI - Helps your hp but keep in mind the gains are not going to be anything close to substantial.
CAI helps most at mid-to-higher RPMs, SRI helps most at lower-to-mid RPMs.
The gains are not going to be substantial for either of them

Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
HCF Member

The term high end torque is awesome lol.

Need4Speed.

An intake isn't gonna make your car faster, it sounds liek you thing the intake is gonna make your car into a dedicated track car... It will make a small sound, and the CAI will make a whistle sound that some people hate, some like.

Best bang for the buck would be going to buy a new steering wheel cover or something. Since you will gain about the same amount of power from it.

actually. Take that money from your worthless intake fund and spend it on some cans of primer/paint/clear. And repaint your valve cover. Will be a lot better.

Quick Reply: AEM V2 Cold Air Intake