General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Default Air Filter

Hey Guys!

Just wanted your opinions, would you think its better to get a performace air filter, for the air box that i currently have in my EJ2, and keep the air box, which i think is what i want to do, as it seems to be a well designed box, or to completly take it off, and to replace it with one of those induction kit jobbies.

I'm leaning towards getting the high flow filter if i can find one.

But just wanted to know ur opinions...

Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Air Filter

If you really want to keep the stock box, just drop in a K&N filter. Its really not that well designed, but you won't notice significant HP increase with a SRI/CAI either. It;s really up to you. I think that between the box and my CAI, I definitely liked running the cai more

Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 AM

ok kool, im not really looking for performance, just by looking at the box, it seemed someone put some thought into it before they made it, with all the bends, and the air box before the filter and, ive not looked too closely but just before it goes into the inlet manifold theres some pipes coming off it going else where, i imagine an aftermarket product will not include the entry/exit points on the piping? does anyone know off hand what these are for?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Administrator

can we get a picture?

Old 06-06-2007, 05:09 AM

yeh no worries, i will take one when i get home, im at work at the mo, i will have a search in google to see if i can find anything

Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 AM

so i think one is the breather that goes into the head, but the other one? it connects to the fuel rail
I'm betting Forty knows
Name:  DSC00293.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  97.3 KB

Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 AM

IMO the stock airbox baffles intake noise too much. I like to know when to shift by sound and stock I couldn't really hear the engine revving at all. Went for a good quality SRI and couldn't be happier.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 AM

IMO the stock airbox baffles intake noise too much
I think i know what you mean
Just been reading the FAQ on the subject, and i think im going to go with a SRI, i think i will prefer it over a CAI, im not trying to squeeze every last pony out of it, i plan to do the mini-me soon, as its only a DX, and then that will probably be it, it is already lowered, i will have the paint job tidied up, paint my lip, and soon im driving to england and i will pick up my alloy wheels there, and that will be it, keepin it simple

Old 06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

nds and turns in the box are made to reduce the wind noise.......but you lose some horsepower because the air has to fight to get in there.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Some aftermarket intakes will have the nipple for that hose you see going into your stock unit. As for the one going to the fuel rail, could you get a pic specifically of that hose? I'm not entirely sure which one you're referring to.

Quick Reply: Air Filter