General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Alarm system for my civic, which one?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
HCF Member
Default Alarm system for my civic, which one?

Today is a sad day for me, I went out to my car this morning, started off to school when i realized my trunk light was on and so i got out to shut my trunk and BAM, no more subs and amp . Yup stolen right outside my front door so now I need an alarm for my car and what I need from you guys is suggestions on which is best. I know nothing about alarms and I need something to protect whats left on my car so if any of you could help me please feel free. Thanx.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Alarm system for my civic, which one?

I'm thinking about getting a Viper 5900 with 1 mile pager best price $280 installed.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

I have a compustar alarm, installed for $200. Loud as **** and works great.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

I have a alarm called ultra lol got it installed for $200 and it works perfect, dont get code alarm though I had one of those and it sucked

Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

Only Get a DEI piece they have ruked the market forever they make ungo,viper,sidewinder,avatal,hornet many more all these alarms you cam uplug one brain plug in one of a diffrent brain and program some remotes and will work fine. I run the hornet 745t on my car 2 way pages system awsome will let you know within 1/2 of a mile to a mile what is going on with you car like a pager we do them installed at my shop for 350 installed.this is the2 way

Old 03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

I have an alarm but never use it

Old 03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

I forgot to close my trunk one day, went to sleep then woke up in the morning and saw my trunk open, i ran down and whew my subs and amp was still there. But yeah make sure you get a 2 way alarm.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya dito on "2way alarms"
they are the best id say! i buy mine from ebay but then again i instal my own alarms.

with a alarm even some cheaper alarms can be just as good. it all depends HOW GOOD the alarm is INSTALED!

problem with not instaling it yourself is MOST SHOPS do typical alarm instals.... so they put the brains in the same locations just right up under the drivers side dash usualy within reach.....
and most the time they are cheap instals that dont even protect the whole car.

to have a clean alarm instal all the wires need to be taped up and zip tied to factory wires under the dash and alarm brain and relays also ziptied up out of reach, and the same with the siren under the hood it should be in the hardest place to reach, because if someone can just look under the hood after poping the hood quickly and simply SNIP 1 siren wire and well a car with blinking parking lights is not very scary to a theif! the siren is the most important part of the alarm.

BUT if you really scared that you cars gonna be stolen or broken into MIGHT I ADVICE A FOOL PROOF WAY TO PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT..... FIRST OF ALL if quality amplifier. write down the serial numbers. and for the subwoofers you can pull the subs out and use a little engraver machine to grind either your last name in or your last 4 social numbers. just something that can prove IT WAS YOURS "IF" they take it to a respectable pawn shop!
BUT back on topic to FOOL PROOF way to protect your equipment and vehicle.....
FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE, along with pictures of everything in your car!
ALSO be sure your equipment is bolted to the car! at least have some screw holes in the car, because i have heard of some insurance companies deny the claim of stolen equipment cause it was not secured to the vehicle.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:40 AM
HCF Member

+1 on Compustar 2 Way, and +1 on at least having screw holes for your amp/subs etc. I got no credit for my amp because it wasn't "permanently mounted to the car." Luckily I got the amp for free from a friend, so I wasn't out any money. I have now written down all my serial numbers for my deck and all that too.
The one problem I've had with my alarm is that when I'm in the club grinding with a girl, or getting hot n heavy at my place, sometimes the unlock button gets pressed when my keys are in my pocket. It would be nice if there was a key lock feature or something so that can't happen. Silly women, they can be so distracting sometimes!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

wow guys, thanx for all the info. when i get an alarm i will probably install it myself so that i know all the in's and out's of it but those 2 ways sound great. as for my equiptment, the subs and amp cam with the car when i bought it so i didnt have receipts for it and i never thought to write the serial numbers down but th police are saying that as long as my description matches what they find and the person they find it on doesnt have receipts then im good to go. hopefully it comes up but im not holding my breath. on and btw, i have to look at the bright side, now my car is about 50 - 75 lbs lighter hah!

another question i have, do those alarms that warn you when you get to close work well? i seen one a long time ago that would warn you when you got within a few feet of it but that seems like that wouldn't work well if say you were in a walmart parking lot or such.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alarm system for my civic, which one?