General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

any info on rwd swap??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Default RE: any info on rwd swap??

most of you civic guys are A**holes. im trying to build a car that might actually win a street race, I was givin a 78 stripped down honda, i have rear ends trannys and motors laying around everywhere why not have some fun. I have a arc, mig, and tig welder, and a budget of $5500 for this car, i have a mad scientist friend that has done crazier projects then this in under a day. all these type of projects are is cut it , weld it , test it. until it finally drives in a straight line, if it never does, scrap it! I ask for some simple info and you guys get wet. if this is how you treat people im going back to sb chevys and stangs

Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: ac_customworks

most of you civic guys are A**holes. im trying to build a car that might actually win a street race,

Well for one...u dontneed a RWD honda to win races theres plenty of set ups with a turbo that will crush almost everythin out on the street, havin a RWD honda is for show or bragin rights, u dont need one to win a race.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: ac_customworks

most of you civic guys are A**holes. im trying to build a car that might actually win a street race, I was givin a 78 stripped down honda, i have rear ends trannys and motors laying around everywhere why not have some fun. I have a arc, mig, and tig welder, and a budget of $5500 for this car, i have a mad scientist friend that has done crazier projects then this in under a day. all these type of projects are is cut it , weld it , test it. until it finally drives in a straight line, if it never does, scrap it!
No, he hasn't

ORIGINAL: ac_customworks
I ask for some simple info and you guys get wet. if this is how you treat people im going back to sb chevys and stangs

Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

Sorry man, maybe you do have some that has the knowledge to do this for you, but honestly...why take the time, like i said assuming you can, making a front wheel drive platform rear wheel drive (there are a FEW exceptions) when you can just move on to a rear wheel drive that won't be hacked up and have poor resale value. And the reason I said what I did, "if you're asking then you won't be able to do it" is because this is like going to your 2nd grade math class and asking the teacher to show you how to do differential calculus. It just isn't a practical project for someone that even has to ask.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:37 AM

You should speak to windcalmer, last I heard, he was making something that would be just the thing for you....

Old 01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

Bottom line, its possible. But there will be a lot of hard work involved. None of us think its really worth it.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i still stand by my previous statement... we are not @ssholes.... we are all simply saying ITS NOT WORTH IT....

hell everyone has a idea of a sick project... the difference is some friends are nice enough to stop you before the madness begins and you get all your hope up to get CRUSHED by a stock FWD car the same as you started out with!

RWD in a FWD vehicle is insane.... its just gonna sit on the starting line doing a burn out! unless you want to win a burn out comp AND TRUST ME IM SURE THAT "CIVETTE" can win a burn out comp ANY DAY, ANY WHERE!!!!!!!

if you want to spend about a year with building the project and thousands of bucks GO AHEAD DO IT.... we are not cops! just remember with that much modification the car will MOST LIKELY NEVER be able to be street legal from so many safety issues.... but a TRACK CAR.... ya it will probably be fine if you follow their guidelines...

its your money, life, time, sanity....... do what you wish with it.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

yeah for real man...like if you're asking this question and don't have much experience in doing basic swaps in the first place, and also have extensive welding experience, knowledge of Hondas, a shop to help you with it/provide you a lift, you're in alot of trouble. Just like people asking "SHOULD I TURBO MY 95 CIVIC???!!".......no you shouldnt...if you're asking a question like this then you dont have the knoweldge to do it. Same goes for this swap, which completely blows a turbo project out of hte water

Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

ac,
Not everyone here only drives Civics- I've got a '72 Firebird that I built from the ground up (engine, suspension, chassis) for road race- yes, it's got a big frggin' motor and is nose bleed fast. Domestic muscle is about as similar to import muscle as night and day- I'm here to learn about it, maybe build an import racer when I know enough.

If you've got time and money to burn, go for it. But you're sure not going to get help with that kind of attitude.

Geno

Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: geno95

ac,
Not everyone here only drives Civics- I've got a '72 Firebird that I built from the ground up (engine, suspension, chassis) for road race- yes, it's got a big frggin' motor and is nose bleed fast. Domestic muscle is about as similar to import muscle as night and day- I'm here to learn about it, maybe build an import racer when I know enough.

If you've got time and money to burn, go for it. But you're sure not going to get help with that kind of attitude.

Geno
you had the knowledge to build something from the ground up but didn't know that RWD was better for launching that FWD?[&:]

Quick Reply: any info on rwd swap??