General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Anybody else have this problem?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Default Anybody else have this problem?...

I dont know if it'd just me, but does anybody else have problems with their interior bulbs going pop too often? I've had to replace mine about 4 times in the last month. Thats a bulb per week! [:@]

I'm wondering if maybe there is too much power getting to it, but why would that be? The only thing I can think of is the bulbs themselves being crap. They have all been Halford's-brand bulbs (for you US guys who may not know, Halfords is a big chain of outlets who sell anything from air fresheners to Ripspeed performance parts).

I'm thinking that maybe theyre just crap bulbs, but I'm not sure where else I can buy the same style bulb. The light is the centre interior one, as my civic doesnt have the front one installed as std.

Its just so annoying when you're trying to look for something in the dark, go to switch on the light, and pop, its blown.

Is it just me with this problem?

=chris=

Old 01-13-2006, 04:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anybody else have this problem?...

Do they pop immediatly or does it happen after a while? I think your gonna want to check the amount of current going to the bulb, if it doesn't blow right away. It might be possible that the fuse for the bulb was changed to a higher current fuse, so the bulb is now the fuse in the circuit. So check to make sure that the fuse is the right current amount. Post with your results, maybe we can help some more.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Default RE: Anybody else have this problem?...

The bulbs normally last for about 3 days before dying. They don't give any signs of blowing, but they tend to get dimmer the more you use it, until it goes.

As I now have a number of old spare bulbs laying around in my car, I have tried swapping them once one stops working. Sometimes it will light up again, but will only work for about 10mins before going out again! Nothing wrong with the connections either. I will check the fuses and let you know.

cheers,

=chris=