General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

anyone ever replaced thier door interior window sweep?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default anyone ever replaced thier door interior window sweep?

well unfortuantly my window came off track afew days ago so i pulled the panel off and unfortunatly i didnt pull the panel up high enough and the interior window sweep trim piece got pulled out.... and pissed off me i just tried bending it back into its slot thinking it was just plastic..... which its not so i bent the trim piece in a few spots which looks realy bad now!!!!!
it simply goes onto the door panel and with a few metal tabs simply bent over to hold it inplace...

and im wondering.... can i buy new trim piece for that without buying the whole door panel...

this is on my 99 civic EX coupe...
just sucks cause they are realy fragile and i woulda never thought it bending like it did!
and i have no clue why the F*** my window came off track in the first place! but i lubed up the window tracks and seals to the best of my ability so at least it glides smoothly now but it still seems alittle loose while going down... but i figure thats just from typical use...

Old 04-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Default RE: anyone ever replaced thier door interior window sweep?

I saw your post looking for info on windows for my 99 Civic EX; the same as yours but not as nice. What did you end up doing with your door situation? Over easter my driver door window came off alignment with the weatherstripping causing the window not to roll up right. I ended up tearing a hell of a lot of window seal to finally get it to roll up (along with jacking around with the window itself). Do you have any sources for this type of parts and info on install? I dont want to pay Honda 300+ to replace my window seals. LOL

Thanks for any help you could provide!

WD

Old 04-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Default RE: anyone ever replaced thier door interior window sweep?

I may eventually have to replace my window seals too, since the window has actually gotten stuck down there a few times...
it just goes down and is to weak to go back up