General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Automatic Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Automatic Door Lock

When i push the door unlock the driver door doesn't unlock it stays down!? How can i fix that? cuz i'm not gonna buy my keyles entry unless i get that fixed cuz it would be totally pointless lol

Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Automatic Door Lock

You might need a new motor for thee door locking mechanism. Or if your lucky maybe it just fell out of place

Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

And when i try to push it in it won't go in it just stays unlocked but the only way i can unlock it is to use the key from the outside

Old 05-04-2007, 10:20 AM

Pull off the door panel and see whats going on in there.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

How many screws is it to get the door off and what should i be aware of? I've taken doors off before but i just want to be more cautious since this thing is my baby now! lol

Old 05-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well just look for little screw holes or any loose panels and jsut pull most likely its just like any vehicle... afew screws and quite a few plastic clips....

youll definatly have to see whats going on inside thier.... hopefully just something came off inside the door panel... but only way to know is to check it out and work the controls.....

Old 05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

i know that you cannot push the lock down on the drivers side in the 7th gen civics, i think it is one of those features to keep you from accidentally locking your keys in the car. I remember someone mentioning that to me. but, my passenger side lock won't go up or down automatically, although it does move slightly when i hit the power lock, so i am hoping something just came off

Old 05-04-2007, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

I was of the understanding that you cannot lock it from the inside only if the door is open.

To do this, you need to pull up on the handle and push the lock down. Then you can close the door. This was designed to reduce the risk of locking your keys in the car. So don't be a dope and lock your keys in the car!

If this does not solve your issue, please consult the Helm's manual for your model and/or use the advice of others on the site to pull that door panel and see the mechanism for the lock. If you determine that there is a serious problem there, please take a decent picture of the mechanism and post it for us to look at.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o i should say... while the door panels off ya might as well spray some lubricant inside the doors on the motors and rods and slides......

i know on my old impala my power locks will work great as long as the rods stay lubricated! if they get dry they tend to stick and not work right....

Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: that guy

I was of the understanding that you cannot lock it from the inside only if the door is open.

To do this, you need to pull up on the handle and push the lock down. Then you can close the door. This was designed to reduce the risk of locking your keys in the car. So don't be a dope and lock your keys in the car!

If this does not solve your issue, please consult the Helm's manual for your model and/or use the advice of others on the site to pull that door panel and see the mechanism for the lock. If you determine that there is a serious problem there, please take a decent picture of the mechanism and post it for us to look at.
hmm even when my door is shut i cannot push the lock down... maybe there is something wrong with it???

Quick Reply: Automatic Door Lock