General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

B series build, new guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Default B series build, new guy

Ok guys i am new here, though not new to cars in the slightest. What i want to do is build i mild performance motor. In all honesty I want 250, maybe 300 HP max. what i really mean by this is, I want a realistic number of horsepower, with proven inexpensive parts (more honestly 250 at the max ).

I want to accomplish this with a turbo running about 8 psi, and if i can get away with it stock internals.

the turbo I am looking at is the T25.
new ones seem to be cheap on there own, and from my own research they are on many factory production cars (in other words not crap that will blow up)

amazon link Amazon.com: Godspeed Universal T25 Internal Wastegate Turbo Charger: Automotive
(yes i know its amazon, but I am looking around suggestions welcome)

honestly I do not care about a high performance set of headers unless it will make a massive difference, I would rather go with some cast ones.

like these (obviously the exact ones will change depending on the exact b series i can find)

Civic Integra del sol B B16 B18 Cast T25 Turbo Manifold | eBay

from there on i am a little stuck. and need some help with things

1. I have no idea what kinda of ecu is appropriate.

2. What kind of Blow off valve do i need. what are the major differences?

3. the built in waste gate is set to 8 psi, i don't really need another waste gate if I want to stay at 8 (which i do)

4. what are a good set of injectors? please remember i am not trying to go crazy.

5. I have read that i can snag an inter cooler from a junk yard, at the level i am on, am I really going to notice a difference with something that costs about twice my turbo.

what else do i need, I know i need piping but i don't know how big how much or how to put them together, I am an awful welder, but i have a friend who is really good (art student in sculpture)

is there anything else I need?

what else should i know, obviously this wont be for a while, as i am still the the process of finding the car and the motor.

Please remember i am new to not only the Honda world, but turbo'd engines and imported cars. I don't yet know who makes the best parts or which website to buy them from.

As a final reminder, I am not trying to go nuts with this car. I just want what would be a "factory" turbo set up, so my idea of 250 HP may be unrealistic.

please keep the arguments to a minimum, I am looking for info!

THANKS

~Alex