General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

B20B/b16 head with b16 trans

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

the place i am buying the mounts from only has 2 called and they were the torque mounts said somethin about mounts on the b20. fyi its energy suspension torque mounts

Old 03-31-2013, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

Energy suspension doesn't make the proper swap mounts.

Hasport, innovative, or even a seller off eBay... You just need to decide if it is ok to risk axle bind or cracked mounts with most ebay no name mounts.

They need to be the swap mounts for b series into your chassis. You need the shift linkage, or shorten 90-93 integra shift linkage.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

just these places seem unsure of the mounts from energy suspension said only two torque mounts then the other place was certain on the shift linkage.i just need the whole kit andnot to use a credit card. ( do not have one and bank card does not work on the sites for some stupid reason)

Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Go to Hasport, or make a PayPal account, link to bank account, and buy a set of Hasports off eBay. Simple. Fill the lower torque mounts with window weld. I made a DIY on the forum. Hasport offers linkage, too.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

still being picky with motor mounts axles shift linkage and possible throttle linkage.
b20b auto engine with a b16 hydro trans. not asking for anyone to force feed me hyper links just would like brand names for example

brand- product
continues brand- product

Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM
HCF Member
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

Hasport and innovative are reputable companies.

If you want something different, I'm sure there are others.

I've heard nothing wrong with Hasport ever.

What I'm wondering is how you're going to tackle the hydro to cable conversion... The point of a hydro transmission is to remove the cable completely. Cables stretch over time, they can snap with high torque or frequent heavy clutching. Heck, even our clutch pedals are known to break ha ha. Google: "civic broken clutch pedal" there's 100's of results.

With hydro, there's no cable to break... You could potentially burst the clutch line but that's highly unlikely. (If not, impossible)

A true cable to hydro conversion exists. Here's one: Hush Performance — V2.5.1 EF PRO STREET CABLE TO HYDRO CONVERSION

There is another one I found for a little less (lost the link). You could make something very similar if you're skilled with a welder.

the only difference between cable and hydro MOUNTS for your chassis is the passenger side motor (technically transmission) mount.

Your kits will have a max of 4 mounts. MOST don't have a front torque mount. It isn't totally necessary to have one since these new mounts are much more stiff. So you'll probably have 3 mounts total. You'll also need the rear T bracket. I don't know exactly what from though... Google will give answers.

I hope that helps a little.

(Don't forget about the B20 vtec kit, you need it)

Last edited by zerojett; 05-07-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

parts update

need to buy an intermediate shaft from 94-01 integra manual for the drive axles
90-93 rear engine mount
ecu chipping
b18c1 head (decided to go with gsr head someone did some very good convincing
ls/vtec kit
tune up kit for b20/b18 head do not know what i will need. timing belt and stuff wise since it is a combination engine.
apparently a cable to hydro kit was unaware i needed a kit bu guess i need one
coilovers not sure if i need matching control arms for these instead of oem
slotted and drilled ebc rotos
front and rear strut and tower bars
rear sway bar kit

that sums it up for whati can thing of right now

Old 05-19-2013, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

I've heard of axle binding issues with 94-00 integra axles and intermediate shaft. That's what I'm going to test out on my swap and see if it works. 90-93 integra axles and int shaft are apparently a direct fit.

Gsr and b16 heads are very, very similar, aside from the gsr having a useless funky manifold. Get whichever is cheaper. They aren't different enough to make a difference.

You need the stepped dowel pins and oil feed line for this swap. Golden eagle makes an excellent b20 vtec kit that comes with a head gasket.

You can use a cable b series trans if you don't want to convert to hydro. There is a gsr cable trans as well as a b16 one. I have one of each apparently...

Rear strut tower bars are useless. Get a factory si rear sway bar, or one from a 90-93 integra. You'll need either si lower control arms or after market ones to run a sway bar. Explicit speed performance makes a sick solid front strut tower bar.

Coilovers bolt on in factory locations. Nothing special needed.

Slotted and drilled rotors are actually more harmful than good. I don't even want to get into it. Brembo blanks and ceramic pads are a way bigger upgrade over stock.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
HCF Member

well i looked up a few forum stuff and apparently drilled rotors crack but the slotted ones clean off brake pads removing dirt and applying better gripping.

looked at a few coilovers
the b18c1 is a cheaper head
looked up a few ls/vtec kits and password jdm has one and another company
the hydro kit i will have to buy since i already have the transmission
i just want better handling with better stopping with rear brakes

ill put a few links on for a few parts that i am looking at buying

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=568

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-3...n-P2931C4.aspx

idk for the rear stuff if its worth getting any rear suspension upgrades

Last edited by thatguywithahonda; 05-22-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: B20B/b16 head with b16 trans