General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Best color for Body Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Best color for Body Kit?

Personally, I say black. I think black cars with kits look amazing. Also, the color black tends to hide the gaps between body parts a little better (but yeah, it does show every scratch, imperfection, and it's impossible to keep clean).

And just a few things I'd like to point out:

Flip: trust me, lips are far from indestructable... I had my Mugen style lip (ABS, but still... ) on for all of about two weeks before I broke the thing in half.

4door: saying "there's no good bodykits" is like saying there's no good-lookinglightweight wheels; it's just not true. For example: I think the Buddy Club kits look amazing.

And in general: fiberglass kits are a lot harder to break than most people would have you believe; it took a snowdrift covered in ice at about 25mph sideways to do any real damage to my old r34 kit (three small-ishcracks in the front bumper, no damage to the sides or rear). It actually got to the point where I'd scrape so often that I started doing it on purpose just to freak out anybody riding in the car.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Yo waddup guys thanks for the feedback. I'm totally newb so could someone explain the difference between a lip kit and a regular body kit? Also the all important question is what is a good/fair price for painting/installation of a lip kit?

THANKS

Old 07-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Super Cereal Admin

lip kit = an aesthetic attachment to the bottom of the front or rear bumper; attaches to the bottom of the stock bumper
body kit = full front or rear bumpers; replaces stock bumeprs

In all honesty, anybody with a screwdriver can install a lip kit (a drill helps a lot, but isn't needed); what color is your car now? You might not even need to paint the lip (they usually come in black)

btw, try checking out places like http://www.hmotorsports.com/and http://www.streetstyler.com/to get a general idea of what lips look like/cost

Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9

What FlipHKD720 said...idc if you got a million dollar body kit, theres NO good bodykits out there..do NOT get a body kit, Get a freakin lip kit, paint it and buy some suspension (H&R race springs) or some type of coilovers. Make it have a look clean. Ive gone through the Fast and Furious dayswith bodykits when I had my Eclipse..and yeah i totally regret it and so will you inless you know what your doing or you have a lot of money for some awsomecustomizing shop to do it for you. But evenif u had all that, you'd still hit something and crack or break ur front kit.I just don't recommend you getting a body kit man. There horrible all around.
st

i have nothing against body kits but what hes saying is true when you get a 800 dollar body kit and a expensive pain job all it take is one idiot out there to hit you or back into you or something to where you have to spend even more money to get a new bumper or whatever...ifyou have the money go for it man no ones stopping you but i think that the way the civic looks with a lip kit......two words my friend...hell yeah i think that the civic looks sooo nice with a lip kit and i think it gives it more of an aggressive look but like everyone says its all what you think looks good...so i hope this helps but you have to think about the future before you make a choice like that...but good luck with your civic and i want pictures of it when your done!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 AM

Black dude, it's the fastest! [sm=gears.gif]

"It's not that my car is black, it's just that the sun is too afraid to shine on it..."

Old 07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

dude forget what these ppl say, go for what u want... lip kits radd a very clean look to ur car, but so can some body kits.... idisagree to the guy above who said all body kits are ugly but thats his opinion.... u can find good kits and paint is reeally ur preference just paint it the same color as ur car, ive seen some hidous 2 color tone cars lol

Old 07-31-2007, 03:21 PM

if i were u i wouldnt waste money on a body kit for a few reasons

1. expensive
2. looks ricy unless its small and clean but still expensive..
3. u can just get a nice looking lip kit like the type r's have and spend the rest of the money on rims/motor

Old 07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Spanky

1. expensive
3. u can just get a nice looking lip kit like the type r's have and spend the rest of the money on rims/motor
1. a polyurethane front lip, abs rear lip, and sides (if you get em and depending what sides/where you get em) is just as expensive as a fiberglass body kit
2. that's an opinion.
3. *cough* wheels *cough*... and maybe he doesn't want a cookie-cutter civic. Look around you; most of the civics you see anymore are stock bodied or have a lip kit. Body kitted civics are quickly becoming the minority.

to the OP: The bottom line is just do what you want. Do what you think looks good. At the end of the day, that's all that matters; that you like your car.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

ORIGINAL: Spanky

1. expensive
1. a polyurethane front lip, abs rear lip, and sides (if you get em and depending what sides/where you get em) is just as expensive as a fiberglass body kit
2. that's an opinion.
3. *cough* wheels *cough*... and maybe he doesn't want a cookie-cutter civic. Look around you; most of the civics you see anymore are stock bodied or have a lip kit. Body kitted civics are quickly becoming the minority.

to the OP: The bottom line is just do what you want. Do what you think looks good. At the end of the day, that's all that matters; that you like your car.
most lip kits are less expensive

and either way i just dont rly like body kits ;/

cough i can call em rims or wheels it was just off the top of my head

and yea i like cookie cutter civics, so clean. wheels, paint, lights and ur set