General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

best starting parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Default best starting parts

ok so i got a '05 honda civic EX to start with. complete virgin. if u guys could start all over again...what would be the first mods u'd put on? i was thinking of a fujita air intake, can i get some imput from anybody who might be running it and a price. then an exaust and possibly headers. if of course the headers don't run for much. anyone on here running headers on a 04-05? what brand y'all running and exaust? don't really wanna sound like a lawn mower driving down the street so any input on a quiet free flowing exhaust would be freaking awesome. thanks dudes. oh btw..i've finally settled on some konig 18's. i know i know...but forget speed for a second...it'll look kewl won't it? i'll be sure to post pix early january. [X(]

Old 12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: best starting parts

the rims, then id probably get an aem intake, dc sports headers, and a greddy catback ( if they make it for an 05 ), if not, try magnaflow or skunk2.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

im starting all over again..the only thing thats staying is my headlights, my car looks so stock right now because i want it like that for winter and im just buying parts during the winter and putting everything on in spring..car makeover,but its going to look so nice..but the only thing is i cant really do anything performance, i have a axel back exhust and sri that i might covert to cai and thats about it..because its a dx, ill just hold out till i got some money saved up then drop somthing nice into her

Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 PM

has anyone here used the fujita CAI yet? if so can you give a review, I'm interested in getting one but haven't heard much about it since its new.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:20 PM

Full suspension.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Full suspension.
+1

Old 12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
HCF Member

Well I put a aem cai, header and full greddy exaust, tein suspenion and the car handles so good and air flows in and out so much better but thats on a 94 hatch

Old 12-14-2005, 04:03 AM
HCF Member

If he is worried about the price of a header, I doubt he has the money for a full suspension. Then again he did ask what we woudl do if we were starting over.

As for the Fujita, go for it.

If you have to start with wheels, why not get some lightweight ones? Why does everybody have to have 18's? Those things must weigh 100lbs apeice. Go read the article in the archives on weight reduction, then go read Sac's article on Backpressure.

You almost have to start with I/H/E, otherwise anything else you do is severely hampered, that is unless you go nuts with weight reduction.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:47 PM

If the day ever comes when the lack of I/H/E on a Civic makes it handle worse EVEN WITH with a full suspension on it, I will cut off my clutch foot and sell it to a Chinese restaurant.

I still say full suspension. It'll only cost you around $450 shipped on eBay for springs and dampers. Camber kits (if you even need them), strut- and sway bars can come later.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:18 PM

stickers, caus ethey make your car go faster...LOL jk, actually i would go with either intake,(the regular kind), ir cold air intake, you can find them brand new on ebay, fo r like 40.00, that includes shipping(on most)

Quick Reply: best starting parts