General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

big problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Default big problem

ok here is what hapend last friday i was comin back from work and my radiator
kinda feeland broke the fan and the radiator i think it because my car is very low and the strrets here aint that good and i had to drive for like 20 30 min on overheat because it was too busy it didnt feel from the car just from the suport it was hangin on the hooses its a 98 civic now i was thinkin on buy a new radiator and a fan assembly you think if i do that i willl be ok cuz i didnt want to go to a mecanic and could any thing else be damaged?? i know i should had stoped but wat yall think thx....

Old 01-20-2009, 05:20 PM

what did you say? try using some punctuation.
and you're not 13 so stop saying wat, cuz, etc.

all i understood was you drove on the overheating engine for 20-30 minutes, which is very bad to do. your headgasket could be screwed.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-20-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Snail'n Admin

grammar usually helps...and whats the question....unless you asked it and I couldn't comprehend it amongst that jibberish you call english

Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Read one of these and try asking the question again, because I have no clue what you just said.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM

i am really sorry if you can not anderstand my englishbut its not that easy to learn another language in a year thx anyways

Old 01-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by zilliboy
i am really sorry if you can not anderstand my englishbut its not that easy to learn another language in a year thx anyways
Post some clear pictures of all the damage. Your greater concern should be the overheating which, if severe enough, will destroy the engine.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Here is the translated version.

"Ok. Here's my problem. I was leaving work and my radiator fell and broke the fan and damaged the radiator. I think that it happened because my car is very low and the streets around here are'nt very good. I ended up driving for 20 to 30 min while the engine was overheating because (whatever reason. I dont know what he means exactly. Translation are'nt perfect). The radiator did'nt fall from the car, just from the support. It was hanging by the hoses. The car is a 98 civic. I was hoping that if I bought a new radiator and fan assembly that the car would be ok. I dont really want to take the car to a mechanic. Do you guys think anything else could be damaged? I know that I should have pulled over and turned the engine off. What do you guys think? Thanks for the replys."

Thats to the best of my english translating abilities. Being in the US military and a couple years in Germany you hear all kinds of english so you g pretty good at understanding alot.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by Beretta
Here is the translated version.

"Ok. Here's my problem. I was leaving work and my radiator fell and broke the fan and damaged the radiator. I think that it happened because my car is very low and the streets around here are'nt very good. I ended up driving for 20 to 30 min while the engine was overheating because (whatever reason. I dont know what he means exactly. Translation are'nt perfect). The radiator did'nt fall from the car, just from the support. It was hanging by the hoses. The car is a 98 civic. I was hoping that if I bought a new radiator and fan assembly that the car would be ok. I dont really want to take the car to a mechanic. Do you guys think anything else could be damaged? I know that I should have pulled over and turned the engine off. What do you guys think? Thanks for the replys."

Thats to the best of my english translating abilities. Being in the US military and a couple years in Germany you hear all kinds of english so you g pretty good at understanding alot.
Outstanding work! I hereby nominate you to receive the honorable title of "The Official HCF Translator of Incomprehensible Posts".

Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Driving while overheated is of course very bad, but if the coolant didn't leak out, it's a fairly good chance there is no engine damage.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

wel the overheated motor is very bad for the motor!

and even with a low vehicle your radiator shouldnt have hit the ground.
but if your 2 lower mounts are damaged or just bent down or the top mount is bent or broken. just bent it back down or just use some zip ties to hold the radiator inplace... i used afew zip ties on my old 94 and on my 96dx when it was wrecked and it works just fine until i got a good mount for it.

the overheating can be a huge issue of death if you pushed it to much..... just remember if your car ever overheats pull it over ASAP, kill the motor and pop the hood to help cool it down faster and just WAIT for it to cool, or have it towed... and if your OIL PRESSURE light ever turns on KILL THE MOTOR INSTANTLY! and have it towed!
would you rather destroy your motor and get a block further? and then be stuck with a destroyed motor that needs fully replaced!
OR would you rather get out and push the car to the side of the road and have it towed and repaired before it gets really expensive?

ive had several problems with overheating and oil issues... but since i killed the vehicles when i noticed the problem and either fixed or towed the car home to fix it well ive never destroyed a motor yet.

Quick Reply: big problem