General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

From BMW > Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Default From BMW > Civic SI

Hey guys, I've own a 01 330Ci BMW, great car great power, and it is truly the ultimate driving machine.

I want to get raid of it, because it's killing me to drive Auto/Steptronic, I'm bored as hell driving that car. It does however drive really nice and has good power, but I can't stand the auto. I'm also looking into get out of the coupe and get a sedan, because I've been married 2 years now, and plan on a baby in the near future.

So I was thinking an 08 Civic, 6 Speed Manual. I haven't done any research yet, but I am going to start right after this thread.

I'm looking to make about 250 Wheel HP, with out FI, just bolt ons, how hard will it be to achieve that?
What kind of motor is in the 08 Si?
Will it respond to mods good?

Any and all suggestion about this is welcome.

Thank you guys.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
HCF Member
Old 06-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: From BMW > Civic SI

Welcome to the forums! You'll definitely appreciate the power an 8th-gen civic SI has, and the k20 motor responds extremely well to mods (assuming you get it tuned... without getting it tuned, it responds about as well as an older civic, meaning not well). The k20z3 has (I believe) 198hp at the crank stock, so let's say 160 at the wheels (figuring in a 20% drivetrain loss)... 250hp at the wheels might not be attainable on a budget, but shooting for 200 at the wheels would be more realistic. I'm not saying 250 to the wheels is impossible, but it'd be pretty expensive.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 AM

I can settle for 200 whp, but what would be a list of mods with a tune that will get me there. I looked at the Sentra SE-R yesterday, not bad, but I don't like to body style too much, but it's def not a bad car. I dunno how that respond to mods but, I am looking here for advised on the 08 civic Si.

A list of mods and a price range will be appreciated.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 AM
HCF Member

I know for a fact that Sentra SE-R's have LOTS of problems. I'm not sure about the new ones, but my friend owned an older one and let me tell you, it stayed on a lift longer than on the road

Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

Funny, I'm thinking about getting a 330Ci or 330i manual as a toy car. But the mpgs suck on premium! Can you run 87 on your's? How fast 0-60 is your's?

Why don't you test drive an 08 Civic Si for firsthand experience?

Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Jesse69

Funny, I'm thinking about getting a 330Ci or 330i manual as a toy car. But the mpgs suck on premium! Can you run 87 on your's? How fast 0-60 is your's?

The 330 is a pretty fast car, don't get me wrong, I hit 147MPH pretty easy with it, but the Auto slush box it's a turtle on take off. Make sure it's manual like you said or you will not enjoy it. You can use 87, but you'll lose some performance that's all. It's will retard your timing back automatically.

I never tested my 0-60 times, it's somewhere near stock tested.

Yeah, I'm going to test drive one pretty soon.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:12 AM
HCF Member

if you can't afford the premium gas then don't buy the car. that car is factory tuned on premium octane fuel and there is a reason for it (higher octane fuel is better at protecting from detonation).

Old 07-03-2008, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: baker

if you can't afford the premium gas then don't buy the car. that car is factory tuned on premium octane fuel and there is a reason for it (higher octane fuel is better at protecting from detonation).
Yeah, the min octane is 91, but there's nothing wrong with using 89, the car will retard the timing to account for the lower octane, but you'll lose a few HP. Keep in mind you'll have to use Full Synt oil on every oil change, also. Parts is not cheap for the car, and if you can't take good care of it, it will cost you alot of money.

Make sure you buy a pre-own with warranty, is the best way to go.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:05 AM
HCF Member

but a car shouldn't have to retard its timing because the owner is too cheap to run the recommended gas for the car.

Quick Reply: From BMW > Civic SI