HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Body Kit....Yes or No? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/body-kit-yes-no-81514/)

Kenny-g 03-16-2010 11:34 PM

but you couldnt hook them up in a manual at all? i always thought u could? i guess u learn something new everyday.

trustdestruction 03-16-2010 11:41 PM

I mean I guess it would be possible to do... you'd have to make some sort of electric solenoid that hooks up to the paddle wiring and is controlled by some sort of computer board (you would also have to design), and then have the solenoid control the cable on the shifter. But it would be an extreme amount of fabrication, and you could really only do it on cars with cable shifters, otherwise you'd have to make some sort of electric solenoid that is hooked to the shift fork on the transmission.

But that's essentially what an automatic transmission is.

jwmm04 03-17-2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by SPLAT (Post 703545)
Sorry, this baby will never be for sale or trade.

I was just joking; my cars worth nowhere near what your's is.

Kenny-g 03-17-2010 12:15 PM

Yah true true never thought of all that. If you got a newer model tranny and did a sh!t ton of fabricating i guess you could if u had time and $...anyway its still a dream of mine haha maybe ill just keep my auto trans and do the padle shifters that way...would that be hard?

But SPLAT hows that beastly, kick @$$ hatch of yours haha u drive it daily or naw?

SPLAT 03-17-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS) (Post 703599)
Ah okay well sorry i was curious...ill get off SPLAT's back about the hood haha

So wait...u mean ur car will have paddle shifters or ur friends? i LOVE paddel shifters...probably a pain in the @$$ to drive with but id deffinitely get used to it cause those are freakin kool imo. Whenever i do (or if i ever get the money to do) my engine and manual trany swap i wanna put paddle shifters in haha just for kicks and giggles :P

Its cool, you have know idea how much crap i get on the road with it.
That is untill i jump on the gas, its priceless to see there faces in the rear view.

But about that paddle shift.
This set up is going into my brothers 97 purple Hatch, i think hes trying to copy me...?
But its my friend who did my swap, who is doing his.

Originally Posted by jwmm04 (Post 703730)
I was just joking; my cars worth nowhere near what your's is.

I know =)

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS) (Post 703733)
Yah true true never thought of all that. If you got a newer model tranny and did a sh!t ton of fabricating i guess you could if u had time and $...anyway its still a dream of mine haha maybe ill just keep my auto trans and do the padle shifters that way...would that be hard?

But SPLAT hows that beastly, kick @$$ hatch of yours haha u drive it daily or naw?

Well, its been off the road because of the snow, i was trying to put it on the road Monday, but my job asked me to come in =(

So now i have to wait next week.
Cant wait to see how these new seats feel.

Kenny-g 03-17-2010 08:44 PM

Ah that sucks id be dying haha my hatch is stock engine wise but just looking at it makes me wanna go drive it haha its very sad actually :rolleyes:

But its nice tho cause every time i think about selling it and getting something not so tempting to modify i just look at her and drive her to skool or work and am so like ahhh excited that i never want to haha honestly dont think that i ever could :p