General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Body Kit....Yes or No?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
HCF Member
Default Body Kit....Yes or No?

Ok, i really want my car to stand out a little more, seen some new wings from Japan and other things for my Ej6, but then i came to this pic and brought me back to the 99.

Name:  htup_0912_02_ofeels_honda_civic_hat.jpg
Views: 11148
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  htup_0912_01_ofeels_honda_civic_hat.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  71.2 KB

Now i am not a big fan of body kits, but the longer i look at it the more i want it.
So i went to Feel's web site, they dont have on there.
So i sent then a email, and they sent one back....with a price.
$1,500 + shipping.

So right now im stuck, should i.....or not?
Let me know what you think.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:03 PM

I think that particular one is pretty gaudy

if you must go with a body kit i would recommend something cleaner

Old 03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

thing looks SO angry, I have a feeling I saw it before..

Last edited by Dontoh; 03-10-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I love everything about that kit except the front bumper. I mean, the more I look at the bumper the more it grows on me, but at the same time it really doesn't match the car well IMO.

*edit: What about the kit minus the front bumper... and instead of the front bumper, a BYS bumper? I mean, if you're going to be spending that much on a kit... not to mention you can find BYS replicas for ~$300.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

That body kit is too intense for me lol. Way too flashy if you ask me. I don't hate all body kits, but huge skirts and bumpers look ridiculous, and wide body kits have to actually get flush with the body to have a chance at looking good. Only parts I like of body kits are usually front bumpers, but there I only like a large grill, and you have to stuff an intercooler behind it

Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I think that particular one is pretty gaudy

if you must go with a body kit i would recommend something cleaner
Thats just it, i want something old school.
Tell you the truth, its this or a genuine Mugen kit, but i can only find used, for $2K +shipping.

Originally Posted by reaper2022
I love everything about that kit except the front bumper. I mean, the more I look at the bumper the more it grows on me, but at the same time it really doesn't match the car well IMO.

*edit: What about the kit minus the front bumper... and instead of the front bumper, a BYS bumper? I mean, if you're going to be spending that much on a kit... not to mention you can find BYS replicas for ~$300.
I want the real deal.
I hear what you are saying with a cheaper kit, but just knowing that this kit will be made just for me, is really cool.
I mean they stoped making this kit, but if enough people ask they make X amount, and the owner of feels said that if i ok it, mine would be number 50.

Originally Posted by Scott53092
That body kit is too intense for me lol. Way too flashy if you ask me. I don't hate all body kits, but huge skirts and bumpers look ridiculous, and wide body kits have to actually get flush with the body to have a chance at looking good. Only parts I like of body kits are usually front bumpers, but there I only like a large grill, and you have to stuff an intercooler behind it
This kit was the s*** back in the day.
I love it.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Please don't. I think it looks terrible. It doesn't flow together at all. I hate kits in general, but I do think your car might be the rare instance that a kit could improve its look due to your hood. That front bumper is just awful. Save up and find a Mugen kit if you must.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

I think it looks terrible. It ruins the lines of the car.....make NO attempt to flow with them. the only part i see that i can tolerate is the rear bumper, but just barely

Old 03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I think your mind is already made up, dude.

If that kit tickles your pickle, go for it... I'm just saying the front bumper looks like something from star trek.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

I think it does flow. the thought of wide kits is cool IMO and it might flow better with your hood(hood might flow better with it) but i agree with reaper maybe with a BYS bumper that front its too much. but i really do like the wide parts. maybe the vents not so much. but from the front i deff do. mayb e it plus some homemade DIY body work could be really nice. Im all for getting away from the trends.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body Kit....Yes or No?