General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Body Kit....Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

but you couldnt hook them up in a manual at all? i always thought u could? i guess u learn something new everyday.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM

I mean I guess it would be possible to do... you'd have to make some sort of electric solenoid that hooks up to the paddle wiring and is controlled by some sort of computer board (you would also have to design), and then have the solenoid control the cable on the shifter. But it would be an extreme amount of fabrication, and you could really only do it on cars with cable shifters, otherwise you'd have to make some sort of electric solenoid that is hooked to the shift fork on the transmission.

But that's essentially what an automatic transmission is.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:07 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by SPLAT
Sorry, this baby will never be for sale or trade.
I was just joking; my cars worth nowhere near what your's is.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Yah true true never thought of all that. If you got a newer model tranny and did a **** ton of fabricating i guess you could if u had time and $...anyway its still a dream of mine haha maybe ill just keep my auto trans and do the padle shifters that way...would that be hard?

But SPLAT hows that beastly, kick @$$ hatch of yours haha u drive it daily or naw?

Last edited by Kenny-g; 03-17-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
Ah okay well sorry i was curious...ill get off SPLAT's back about the hood haha

So wait...u mean ur car will have paddle shifters or ur friends? i LOVE paddel shifters...probably a pain in the @$$ to drive with but id deffinitely get used to it cause those are freakin kool imo. Whenever i do (or if i ever get the money to do) my engine and manual trany swap i wanna put paddle shifters in haha just for kicks and giggles :P
Its cool, you have know idea how much crap i get on the road with it.
That is untill i jump on the gas, its priceless to see there faces in the rear view.

But about that paddle shift.
This set up is going into my brothers 97 purple Hatch, i think hes trying to copy me...?
But its my friend who did my swap, who is doing his.

Originally Posted by jwmm04
I was just joking; my cars worth nowhere near what your's is.
I know =)

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
Yah true true never thought of all that. If you got a newer model tranny and did a **** ton of fabricating i guess you could if u had time and $...anyway its still a dream of mine haha maybe ill just keep my auto trans and do the padle shifters that way...would that be hard?

But SPLAT hows that beastly, kick @$$ hatch of yours haha u drive it daily or naw?
Well, its been off the road because of the snow, i was trying to put it on the road Monday, but my job asked me to come in =(

So now i have to wait next week.
Cant wait to see how these new seats feel.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Ah that sucks id be dying haha my hatch is stock engine wise but just looking at it makes me wanna go drive it haha its very sad actually

But its nice tho cause every time i think about selling it and getting something not so tempting to modify i just look at her and drive her to skool or work and am so like ahhh excited that i never want to haha honestly dont think that i ever could