General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Which Car to Choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Which Car to Choose?

so guys im deciding on what car to get this summer and the cars on my list are
240sx, Crx,eclipse, and integra
so what im basically lookin for is what you guys think is the best look/performance car out of those listed
im thinking about going with the 240sx since it is rwd too
i would of put civic on the list but ive heard things about the traction issues and performance and how much it cost to actually make it a fast car
and i think the car is very common no offense
the reason why crx is up there even though their fwd is because there so light and ive heard good thing
and the integra well i think the car looks nice even if its common and even if i dont get the most bang for my buck
so i know the best choice for performance would be crx 240sx or eclipse just wanna know what you guysthink

Old 03-18-2008, 06:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Which Car to Choose?

crx is mostly there for perfomance lol looks are kinda ehhh
keep in mind that im still in high school so the looks of my car matter alot
im still debating on the integra too since half of the whole parking lot is integra and civics

Old 03-19-2008, 03:42 AM
HCF Member

the 240 is with out a doubt the best car, with very little mods you can have a pretty fun car and be able to drift, but with raiseing gas prices the civc with be the way to go, cheap to fix easy to mantane and you can make it sporty and a fun car to have, you can boost the d or you can go with a swap, both cost about the same depends on what you are looking to get outa the car. yea there a dime a dozen but each one is different, i dont no if the crx hold any restrictions on what motor you can put in it, eclipse i have never been very fond of them i do like the vr4 or the talion. takes alot of work to make them a fast car and the trannys sucks so, it really all depends on what you are looking for in your car.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

Any car you choose it will take money to get it going fast. (unless you buy an 8 cylinder). All of us decided to choose civics because they are so light, they save gas, and they are very very reliable.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

ehh gas prices never really bother me because i dont have to pay for it lol
but yeah i think im goin with the 240sx too
i dont think the crx has much appeal

Old 03-19-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like you made your choice already. But let me be the first to tell you, that drifting is not cheap at all.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

well i was really planing on getting the 240sx but had car issues with the car that i drive now so im low on cash

anyone wanna sell me a crx ,civic or prleude sometime this summer for 3k?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Well first i have to say the Civic is common but the ones u see are riced out most likely so dont jump off to quick on the civic. Now the 240 my friend has had one for 4yrs now and do drifting street and track and after the 3rd time he had to replace alot of stuff not cheap and the thing still smokes like a train. The crx i had a 91 si very good car but to me to light and not easy to get in and out if ur over 6ft tall. Get a civic if not get a 88' 89' prelude to me thats the best year lol!

Old 03-21-2008, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: x1guy

well i was really planing on getting the 240sx but had car issues with the car that i drive now so im low on cash

anyone wanna sell me a crx ,civic or prleude sometime this summer for 3k?
You can find many civics that are cheaper than 3k, search craigslist or cars.com. Crxs you might find some but they usually have a lot of body damage. And preludes you can find an older one for under 3k

Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

You doing the work yourself or do you want to by ready to run??

Quick Reply: Which Car to Choose?