General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

CB In My Civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
HCF Member
Default CB In My Civic

I have a 1994 Honda Civic LX and I was Wonderin if you guys had any idea of what size Antenna I should get lol i am puttin a cb in it!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

well, a Wilson 1000 is never a bad choice... They should be pretty inexpensive now too. If you're serious about your CB usage, Id recommend getting a 102" stainless steel whip, and tuning the SWRs with cable length. But thats something thats gotta be hard mounted.... ie; holes drilled in your bumper, down through the steel, and bolted in.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:15 AM
HCF Member

lol i mea just a little one to mount on top. I jus wanted to ask a size because I wanna know what antenna aint gonna look stupid

Old 09-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i would advise against it myself

just get a hand held CB thing and plug it into the cig lighter to keep it charged!

I THINK my dx used to have a CB antena on it.... theres abunch of hard epoxy ontop of my roof around the back that was covered up by a weak plastic antena when i got the car. now i havent pulled the headliner out to see if it really has a hole cut in the roof or not but it looks bad so far!
but if you really want one. i sugest to get creative with some metal fabricating so you dont have to cut a hole in your car!!!!! like a L brace off the back from under your bumper, like the factory tow hook in the rear.
will be more work YA BUT you wont have to cut any holds in the exterior of the car which will DESTROY THE RESALE VALUE!!!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

BLARG NOOo... Im not saying that you should cut holes in your car ! ! ! GOD no.... Get a MAgnet Mount Antenna ! Clean and wax where you wanna locate it thoroughly, and thump...its on there... done deal.

They even have really short ones now, that still get decent range.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

alright thanks guys I forgot all about magnet antennas

Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

But magnet antennas look like poo.
I know walmart carries a small antenna.It sticks on your window. It doesn't read as far as the big boys, but will hit a good distance,and it looks smoother than a big antenna. I used it at a mile distance, and it was clear.

OR, you can try the secret sam. Ebay has everything, doesn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOLD-LINE-SECRET...12119001r14821