General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Cheapest place to get a sun visor

Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Default Cheapest place to get a sun visor

I need a driver side sun visor for my 06 Civic. I swung by the dealership today and they wanted $60 for it. I'm sure I can pick one up for less online. Does anyone know where I cna pick one up for cheap?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Are you talking about those things that go on the side of the windows that allow you to open the window a little bit when it is raining without rain entering? Maybe eBay would have something you are looking for if that's what you want.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Are you talking about those things that go on the side of the windows that allow you to open the window a little bit when it is raining without rain entering? Maybe eBay would have something you are looking for if that's what you want.
Nope, I'm talking about the visor inside the car that you pull down and move around with the sun is in your eyes. I checked eBay for them and only found one seller for the 06 model. The seller was selling both for $75. I'm guessing I can find them cheaper elsewhere.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:12 PM

Ohhh, I see, for the interior (duh!). What happened to your original visor?

If you can get the part number from the dealership, you may be able to find it cheaper here:

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/

Go there, and type in the part number the dealership gives you in the "Honda Parts Search" area. Or, you can click parts and attempt to find it using the site's system, but it's kind of a PITA.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 PM

Ohhh, I see, for the interior (duh!). What happened to your original visor?
It was kind of strange. The plastic pieces inside the original visor broke and the thing locked up and got stuck in place. It then split along the top seem.

If you can get the part number from the dealership, you may be able to find it cheaper here:

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/

Go there, and type in the part number the dealership gives you in the "Honda Parts Search" area. Or, you can click parts and attempt to find it using the site's system, but it's kind of a PITA.
I think the part number is 83280-SNA-A01ZC. Looks like it is $32.88, $45 including shipping. I didn't really want to spend that much on it but it might be my only choice.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:27 PM

You could always hang out on forums such as Honda-tech etc etc, and hope a thread for 06-08 Civic parts for sale come up. But being that they are so new, you don't normally come across part outs. Good Luck in the search!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/ yup def hondapartsdeals.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Thumbs down Holy schnitters!!!

HondaPartsDeals dot com has the driver's (& passenger's) side sun visor for my '98 LX for a WHOPPING $111.33???

Are they out of their flipping minds??? Are we out of our minds for thinking that is the cheapest parts place???

Does anyone have any BETTER/CHEAPER suggestions???

Old 06-11-2017, 02:14 PM

junk yard / ebay

Old 06-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Smile

junk yard / ebay
Good suggestion, and I appreciate the response.

I did. Found a "mint condition" pair for half the price of a single.

Sent a question to the seller about models (because it just said "96-2000 Civic," & I wanted to be sure it fit my LX). Got a response within SECONDS! Did the purchase & 30 minutes later got the email that it had shipped!

I would have rather purchased something from a non-eBay seller - from a brick & mortar business with an Internet presence - but this worked just fine.

Oh, and it was free shipping!

But, I generally find it easier to go to a site, put in my car info, and have it give me the options rather than to weed through countless ads to find the part I need.

Still, this made my wife VERY happy, and we all know that a HAPPY WIFE is a HAPPY LIFE!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheapest place to get a sun visor