General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Check Engine light

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Check Engine light

ORIGINAL: Tater

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

Maybe i need to register for Honda Tech...
patience my friend. someone will know
Seriously man, sometimes it takes some time. How about filling us in on some more details. Has your fuel system been upgraded in any way? Sounds like thats where the problem is. When was the last time she had a tune up? Miles on the motor, and what motor??

Go ahead and join Honda-Tech, you'll be back

Old 02-09-2007, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

haha i know...i surf there sometimes for tech related questions. But i was kind of just wondering if maybe i should have posted in a better section to get some more responses...you know how tense you get when something is wrong. Anyways, the only things i have done to the car are intake and header(had to replace after stock manifold cracked) and as of tomorrow, tokico supsension kit. It has about 114k miles on it. The light hasn't come on in the last few days...(crossing fingers) Btw, its the stock d16y8 motor...(gsr swap someday)

Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

bump

Old 02-25-2007, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

bump...i waited...i am still waiting... lol

Old 02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

How is the car running?> Is it going into limp mode or is the CEL just coming on and going off? Id run some seafoam thru a VAC line and put some in the fuel tank, then reset the ECU and see if it helps. If its not going into LIMP mode then its prob not someting too serious, but seafoam should clear it up.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:05 AM
HCF Member

i had a code on my ford ranger saying "systems too lean or rich" or something like that and it was the o2 sensor. was $55 for new one.

i was told these are lots of $$$$$ for civics, good luck

Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

Yeah pete, thanks for the response, i could try the sea foam thing. And no, it's not going into limp mode or anything...it runs fine when its on. It might be the o2 sensor in the header, but i replaced that like four months ago (the header) kind of random that it would all of a sudden go out.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:03 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

Yeah pete, thanks for the response, i could try the sea foam thing. And no, it's not going into limp mode or anything...it runs fine when its on. It might be the o2 sensor in the header, but i replaced that like four months ago (the header) kind of random that it would all of a sudden go out.

i believe there are 2 o2 sensors in our cars......and as always, hey **** happens twice sometimes.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:24 AM
HCF Member

if you hvae an aftermarket header, the CEL usually will coem on becasue of the increased exhaust flow, and that might have osmething to do with your ECU thinking your a/f ratio is out of whack. O2 simulator ftw maybe?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

Sometimes aftermarket parts are going to trigger the check engine light no matter what you do. If you just want to get rid of the light, try holding the trip button with the key in the ignition, turn the key forward once, hold for 10 seconds, turn it off. repeat 1x. That worked for me.

Quick Reply: Check Engine light