General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

civic 93 fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Default civic 93 fuel pump

I suspect fuel pump went on my honda civic sedan '93. My question is - where is the relay and fuse for it, and where is the pump located? I'm attempting to fix it myself and was told the pump is in the tank. Any info would be appreciated, Tom

Old 08-05-2005, 01:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: civic 93 fuel pump

The fuse for it is under the dash with all of the other fuses, and yes the pump is in the tank Lemme get the pics uploaded and I will show you. I just changed mine.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

OK, this ought to give you a better idea, but I recommend getting a Haynes or Clymer's or any other manual of your choosing.

Diconnect the negative battery cable.

Releive fuel pressure by loosening the service bolt on the fuel filter, 12mm I beleive. Use a shop rag or towel in case gas wants to go everywhere. Alos take the gas cap off.

There is only one 10 mm bolt holding the back seat down. Get to this one and pull the back toward you and then upwards because the clips are kinda funny shaped. This is the location of the bolt. Obviously you need to get the seatbelts through the seat too.

Here is the fuel filter service cover. It's (4) phillips screws. Don't say anything about the trash under my seat or I'll castrate you. It's the first time I've seen under there too.

Under the cover this is what you will see. Pull the rubber cover off of this electrical connection and disconnect it.

Now the high pressure line. It's a 17mm banjo bolt. Dont' do this unless you have released the fuel pressure. It's a good idea to put some shop rags around here too.

And the the return line. I hate these stupid pressure clamps. Squeeze it and move it down the line so you can get the line off.

Now it's the (6) 8mm bolts that hold the access cover on, as seen in the above pics. The pump is attached to this so don't just rip it out. You are gonna have to pull it out at an angle toward you (front) and take care not to damage the "sock" if you have to re-use it.

After you get it out it's pretty self explanatory.

Ther's a little plastic protective clip on the eletrical pump connector. Take care not to break or lose this. It's a seperate peice than the connector itself. Alos there is an aggravating little retaining thingy that secures the "sock" to the pump. You are gonna want to hang on to it becasue my kit didn't come with one.

I don't have anymore pics because I got aggro with the stupid squeeze clamp on the 4" piece of hose on this assembly. Just disconnect the electical connector, and the fuel line and put your new pump (with a new sock, hopefully) in it's place.

Obviously installation is the reverse of removal.

Sacicons or anybody else who has done this, feel free to add or correct me on anything.

HOpe this helps. Good luck.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

very nice writeup. and replace that crappy clamp with a screw-type one.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

Wait... what happened to the pics? There were here a while ago.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

i still see em, maybe they didnt load before you reposted.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I see pics, they are there.

Sniper, at first I thought you did that all just to answer this question, and then I reread your post

Old 08-05-2005, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

hey, hes just a nice guy like that.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:27 PM
mxs
HCF Member

yeah, now THAT is some dedication to HCF, haha

Old 08-05-2005, 09:35 PM

cough DIY