General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic ferio rhd as a DD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
HCF Member
Default Civic ferio rhd as a DD?

Hey guys Ive been looking at getting a different civic for my daily driving, something with ac etc. I found this ef9, the only problem is that it is rhd. I just wanted to see what opinions would be on this specific car (its condition, low km, fully loaded and b16a from the factory!) and driving it daily? I wonder would rhd be capable of a daily driving machine? I do drive my 180 rhd daily. The reason Im looking at this civic is that it is 4000 which is a great deal in my area and unheard of for this low km and the motor the car has, plus the shape its in. Heres a link:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/270698/fs...ferio-sir-eg9/

Old 01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Go for it... then do a coupe/sedan front end swap, and for the love of God, please lower it moar. It looks like it's about to go off-roading. 4x4 civic ftl.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

Hell yeah man, get it.

And reaper, you keep saying 4x4 civic FTL. I want to do a 4x4 civic build now. Just to see you say 4x4 civic ftW.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Go for it... then do a coupe/sedan front end swap, and for the love of God, please lower it moar. It looks like it's about to go off-roading. 4x4 civic ftl.
Chris what is the coupe/sedan front end swap are you talking about the grill area specifically, because I dont really like how that looks I like the look on my 94 hatch better (with the fog light grill areas and center grill) Also the stock lights are definitely going back on if I bought it (they are jdm one piece anyways as this is a real jdm car lol)

The car looks pretty clean and the interior is spotless as most rhd's imported. The price is great and I just sold an old quad I had, my only worry now is that right now I am in risk of a layoff and that would not be good even though I have enough for this car and still enogh for rainy days I might just wait a month and see whats happening.

I really want this now lol. And Punisher a 4*4 civic would be for the win especially around here in the winter lol.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:43 AM
HCF Member

Damn you canadians and your ability to have JDM cars ,

aside from that it looks good and i would prob get it as a DD, im sure you can manage the whole RHD thing without to much issues.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:59 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by BX_Civic
Damn you canadians and your ability to have JDM cars ,

aside from that it looks good and i would prob get it as a DD, im sure you can manage the whole RHD thing without to much issues.
haha its actually unfortunate that Americans cant get these cars imported, they are usually nice shape and alot less then your domestic equivalent plus alot better motors in all jdm's lol. Ive driven the rhd's I already also own a 180 (s13) as a summer car so my only concern is what can I do for drivethrews? :P I guess I could stop eating that and lose some weight lol. Ive never actually tried backing in threw a drivethrew Im not sure if that would be an issue for them or not.

Its definitely a clean civic, I would love to buy this and then put a little into the suspension for some fun at the track this summer (its already got the coilovers) so it would really only need a few of the other essential compnents to a good setup.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:14 AM
HCF Member

If the car is a good deal I say you get it, even though your worried about the layoff. You can always sell it, and since you says its rare, you can probably get what you payed or even more.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Hell yeah man, get it.

And reaper, you keep saying 4x4 civic FTL. I want to do a 4x4 civic build now. Just to see you say 4x4 civic ftW.
4x4 as in how high it sits, not which wheels are receiving power

Drew, I mean put a coupe front end on the sedan; all the parts literally bolt up, you just need the hood, fenders, headlights, and bumper.