General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic Headlight Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Default Civic Headlight Replacement

Hey Guys!

I'm new to the forum & I need some help (since I'm a novice).

I have a 1997 (UK Spec) Civic Hatchback (5 door).

The front of the car was hit by an idiot - his car was fine, but my headlight bracket broke.

I've bought a new one, I just need to know how replace the old headlight, with this new one.

Can someone please help?

The car model, is the one with the front grill integrated to the bonnet. The headlight has four bolts. Two on top, one on side and one on the bottom.

PS: Does anyone know how to remove dents - I have a "smooth" dent on the front driver's side wing where the headlight indicator is. Please help!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic Headlight Replacement

well if this helps Ive replaced my headlights to after market halos and you are going to use the same method. However, I have a 1998 civic which I had to remove the front bumper to access one of the bolts and the front mesh plate as well. I would leave the dent to your insurance company to pay for and get it done professionally in my opinion. Other than that the bumper comes off in 4 bolts and its real simple. My friend timed me on removing everything and putting it all back together and it took 20 minutes so you should be good. -Boost