General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

This civic riceboy...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Default This civic riceboy...

Im new here, I dont own a honda. but I do enjoy them a lot. But recently me and a lot of other avid contour enthusiests have been having a problem with a Civic owner on cardomain, he runs around all of the registered contours and trashes them like crazy, and thinks that his 95 EX Vtec and beat a contour SVT or a 2.5L V6 contour, I dont even think he has a 5 speed. By all means a Civic is a very capible car, but I just dont believe anything that he is claiming... 15 horsepower out of a "custom" intake, I mean come on. Can some of you guys head over there and explain to him that nothing he is claiming is correct... He didnt even know what ATX or MTX means until recently. His name is CivicBoy666.

BTW, my friend Fast93EX (I think?) is on here, he goes by the name of Andrey, he is the one who told me about these boards.

Thank you all for reading.

Im from www.contour.org This is my carMy 96 contour

Old 12-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Default RE: This civic riceboy...

don't even pay attantion to a joker like that. What pisses me the most that there are some people that have ricey looking civic's that are slow and go around and talk ship to everyone. 15hp from a header is a joke unless the car is really highly modefied.

Post a link to that civic

Old 12-02-2004, 12:28 PM
NTX
HCF Member

15 horsepower out of a "custom" intake
Thats a good one! I needed that.....

Old 12-02-2004, 02:02 PM

Chances are he really has no idea what his car is capable of at all. He probably only knows what he has read here and there or from hear say.

I'd just let it go.....water off a ducks *** to me.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:57 PM

I just saw his site, and you and your buddies sure ripped on him pretty bad . Not that he didn't deserve it. He's probably some 16yr old that just got his license (he sounds like it. 15hp from a custom CAI, which btw is not really a cai but a short ram). I bet he ran crying to his mamma after he saw the feedback on his guestbook.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:38 PM

its **** like that that give us good guys bad names.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:16 PM

By all means, I do not hate people who drive honda's in fact I like the civic. If I ever owned one though, it would be for the means of gas mileage, not to mod it. Ive driven my friend's they are neat and very capible. When I think of rice boys, I think of autozone, and only autozone. But when I see a serious modder, I respect it highly, because they probibly know every bolt and weld in his car. Unlike a ricer that thinks if he does a CAI, header and a larger TB. Suddenly he can pull 13's and 14's at the track [sm=sigh.gif] and they can talk **** about other people's cars, EG that civic kid I posted a link to. Anyways, thanks for the input, and I didnt let him bother me, it was just pissing me off that someone thought he knew everything, and I wanted some REAL honda enthuiests ripping on him so he woulc shut the hell up, which he has so far.

Old 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM

Yeah, you can't beat civics for gas mileage, but one of the reasons people like to mod them is this: if you can take a car pushing barely 70 hp (such as my current 4G hatch Std. when I first bought it) and step it up to where you can hold your own against higher-level ricers (e.g. Silvias, WRX's), then you know you've got something going. And if you can roll that same civic up on a 300ZX TT and drop him from a 60 mph rolling start (I'm not saying my car can do that, by ANY means, but it's getting there), you can stand proudly by your <2L engine, knowing that domestics are no sweat. And it's that potential, my friends, that makes us proud to be rice boys [sm=smiley4.gif]. (BTW: I'm not trying to preach to anyone.)

Old 12-05-2004, 05:57 PM

But I think you're totally justified in ripping that kid a new one. Unless he shows you dyno charts or a video, he's full of s**t.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:56 PM

Thanks for all of the input, if anybody wants to check out the site im from heres the link... CEG People around there... normally make fun of honda's but it varies from person to person, "everybody's got their own thing," thats what I always say