General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic SI and HX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

I Didnt drive a stick before the day my got my civic. I died out at a few red lights first day, but after that all was good you just get a hang of it.

And 5 speed EX.

DX = No power anthing and UGLY UGLY engine bay from a deformed intake manifold.

HX = Your moms dream car, extremely slow but saves you mad money on gas.

EX = Best buy for money without a doubt.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

hey i like my dx well besides the no power options like locks, windows, cruise control.LMFAO
but hey i can always put those on by gutting a ex at the junk yard.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Or he can just avoid the extra money and work by buying an EX in the first place.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO it was a joke.

i like my dx because it was dirt cheap.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Haha cheap is a good thing in my case, I have about $1200 in modifications that I want to do eventually haha. Since I get my license on my birthday, hopefully my parents will help me out, and I'll have extra money to do a couple modifications right away haha.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

Il tell you this from first hand experiance, i was about 9-10 years old and my uncle let me drive his little toyota pick-up around the block, it was a stick shift i stalled in it and it felt like a horse but i got used to it for the 10 minutes he let me mess around. and then i never drove stick for years to come after that.

If it was not for me driving a stick today i would not be here typing this message to you, why you ask? because i went to Ez-Lube and got my oil changed cause i was so lazy did not feal like driving the oil to the autoparts store to throw it out i just payed them to do it anyways, i did not think nothing of it they do 100's of oil changes a day, so they told me my car was done so i jumped into the car and then i drove-off. WITH OUT MY HOOD-PINS BEING REPLACED INTO MY HOOD.

Went to my girlfreinds house and picked her and her mom up so we could go out to eat i jumped on the freeway and was doing about 70, and the hood flew up in my face and i could not see anything and i put my head down looked through alittle gap and i was comin up to a big rig that was on the shoulder, if it would have no been for downshifting and the e-brake and my regular brakes. i would be dead not typing this out to you.

Not to mention you get alot more gas mileage out of driving a stick anyways, and later on if you want to do little things for your car like I/H/E you can accualy GET YOUR MONEY out of what you spend for the I/H/E.

Last edited by Cyphen; 07-07-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

Dam hood on windshield? That would be some crazy ish lol....

Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya one reason why its always a good idea to inspect there work... ive never had hood pins but thats the first thing id check if i had them... hell i would probably put some kinda lock on it. so no one can just be a jerk in a parking lot and slide the pins off and keep walking away.
or at least some kinda safety catch... wouldnt hurt to put on a ruffly 12inch long cable bolted to the hood and fender or something else on the engine bay to keep it from being able to fly all the way up. but still enough room for you to remove a latch... a simply climbers hook latch what ever they are really called would be fast and safe!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

yeah i guess it was kinda my fault but the next day i went into ez-lube and said i lost my hood pins in here and the employee said okay let me go look and he came back handed me one hood pin and i said okay here check this out look at the damage on the vehicle, now i have shelby gt500 hood pins on my car with that steel braided cable. and i have a lock on one side of the hood.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you should still get a hood catch cable! all it needs to be is a steel cable or even a chain and a a hook and a hoop latch to secure to the hood and to the engine compartment somewhere decently strong point.
and one of these style latch hooks that way you can easily remove the cable to open the hood and a simply clip to resecure it.

its just a really REALLY GOOD safety precaution!!!!!!!

OR for security you can use a padlock of your choice... since anyone can just pull the pins and open your hood!!!!!

Last edited by addiction2bass; 07-07-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Civic SI and HX?