General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

civics

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Default civics

if i have a 2001 honda cicic 110hp stock.If i have a cold air intake and a exhaust how much hp will i hve in the motor?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: civics

an intake will add somewhere between 2 and 5 horsepower, and it's about the same for an exhaust. Also, a header will add up a few (3-5 maybe) more horses, too.

Welcome to the forum btw

Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

It all depends on the components, and what kind of intake and exhaust you put on it.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: conork

if i have a 2001 honda cicic 110hp stock.If i have a cold air intake and a exhaust how much hp will i hve in the motor?
You're probably right under 100whp. Add a high flow cat, catback exhaust, header, and a cold/short air intake and you'll probably be at 120whp.

Basically if you get all 4 you'll see a 20-30hp increase. Get an intake will get you about 5-7hp simply because it allows for more air, more air=more hp. Everything else helps it flow better.

If you get an intake that's fine. If you get an exhaust you might as well get the rest since all the exhaust will really do on it's own is make it sound different, better or worse depending on which exhaust you buy.

Also getting an intake, header, and high flow cat your car will sound a lot better. An exhaust may cover up that noise, but everything should sound a lot better.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ dude, those power increase estimates are way high... he doesn't have a k20... and I believe the d17 doesn't respond that well to mods (not that any d-series does).

Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

^ dude, those power increase estimates are way high... he doesn't have a k20... and I believe the d17 doesn't respond that well to mods (not that any d-series does).
no those estimates are not way high. Increased air flow can add a drastic amount of HP. In fact I read an online article that talks about tuned/modded cars and they did one test on a civic with like 97whp and it ended up with about 120 just from bolt ons(intake, header, cat, exhaust). Yes dyno tested if you were wondering.

one or two of the bolt ons decreased torque a tad, but everything added HP.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

"Increased air flow can add a drastic amount of HP"..........yea air from a turbo........ i think drastic is a little far. i believe there have been a million different threads about how much hp you get from things and this same argument comes up. But the thing you have to look at is that by the time this HP you get goes to the wheels your not looking at major gains. with all three you will notice some gains but they will be minimal. we're not talking about beating s200's or anything. hope this helps.

All of this was pulled from the Intake/ Header/ Exhaust portion of our website. Check out the threads at the top about these. there are alot of questions and answers on there that you will have in the future.

Q: How much HP will I expect to gain from an intake?
A: From an intake alone, expect 2-4HP depending on the brand/type. AEM and other sites give dyno's that show 10 or so HP increase, but this is simply too good to be true: they most likely have OTHER mods installed when they did this dyno, thus skewing the results dramatically

Q: What gains should I expect with stock piping and just a muffler?
A: You probably won't see any noticeable gains with just a muffler (1/2-1ish HP). The exhaust will indefinitely be louder, but the HP gains will not be as significant compared to getting an entire catback (3-5 HP). However, with stock piping, you can be sure you won't lose low end power.

Q: How many HP do I gain if I get a header?
A: Gains will probably be minimal, 5 hp is probably a realistic number. DC, GReddy and other large companies sell headers that have been dyno tested and designed for the best gains, so those will obviously give better results than some pipe welded together and sold for $50 on eBay.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

The test probably showed dips in the torque power curve at cetain rpm's but higher in other regions like the mid or higher rpm's. Don't mean to bash on ya or anything inthezoneac, you weren't that far off.