General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

civics all wired up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:11 PM
HCF Member
Default civics all wired up?

i was told that everymodle civic has all the wires for power windows, power door locks and all that good stuff when they are made, they jus dont hook anything up the it depending on your model, anyone no if this is true??

Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Default RE: civics all wired up?

that doesnt make a whole lot of sence for honda to half *** everything just to call it a lx.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:18 PM

i have heard that about a lot of cars. but i dont think i believe it. i dont think you will see wires just hanging inside the door.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:36 PM

It is actually very common that the wiring is all there up to a harness. What you may find in your doors is a harness that is not plugged into any additional leads. Its usually a cost savings for them to only make one harness and then decide whether or not the additional leads are to be installed. The expensive part of power windows and whatnot for the manufacturer is the motors and regulators......that is what plugs into the harnesses as i have described. This is similarly used for car stereos. If the car does not have rear speakers there may still be unused plugs in the back. They wont look obvious, just a small plastic clip without a mate. FYI.....if there are no speakers there may be only 2 channels in the radio used, but the wires will still be available at both ends to upgrade.
BTW, i am a certified installer of automotive elctronics so this info should be pretty accurate!!

Old 01-24-2006, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

well see, the person i actaully heard that from works at the honda plant so i dont think he's lying, mabey just bending the truth a little..i wanted to see if anyone else new

Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Rip your door panel off and let us know

Old 01-24-2006, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

I'm betting the wiring is there, just not the motors.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

i installed a set of factory fog lights & --the switch just plugged into the fuse box& the wiring from the fuse box to the engine compartment was already there---just plug-n-play

Old 01-25-2006, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: AOL.COM

i installed a set of factory fog lights & --the switch just plugged into the fuse box& the wiring from the fuse box to the engine compartment was already there---just plug-n-play

wonder if the same goes for my eg, Im installing my fogs this weekend....

Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM

my dx has wires for the dash clock and it doesn't have one. also it has something else but i forgot what it was.

Quick Reply: civics all wired up?