General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Convince me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Default Convince me!

Alright guys, me and my bro have been sharing that green coupe you see in my sig for a while, but he's leavin' soon, and I'm going to ditch this one (because everyone in it is wasted) and get another car. I thought 4-shore I was going to get another Civic, but now I don't know. I wanted a hatch back so it would easier to haul my bass cab, but after realizing they are so rare, I settled on maybe getting a sedan to trick out. Recently I discovered there are quite a few cheap Eclipses (Eclipsi? lol) available in my area, and they look alot more unique than your everyday Civic (Also hatchback.. good for bass cabs.), so i'm leaning towards 'em. I know people on this forum are chalked full of reasons why to get a Civic, so I want you guys to rag on an Eclipse as much as you can and tell me why they suck. And..... GO!

Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Convince me!

eclipses to me look like chick cars... no matter what you do to them--- i always expect to see a chick in the drivers seat

Old 04-29-2007, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

I think what everyone will tell you is that you will hvae much more reliability issues. They aren't exactly known for their reliability...well they are, just not the way you want them to be.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 PM

stay away from 2nd gens. the motors are junk. almost all of them motors will expereance a think called crankwalk.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 AM
HCF Member

CRANKWALK!!!! that's right. look that **** up. that alone should be plenty to set you straight...

also the brakes are poorly designed and will get mad brake fade and rotor warping/cracking if they are not replaced in an extremely rapidis it?

http://www.deadeclipse.com/home.php <- that's for newer ones
http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/cars/...ipse/1996.html <- that's for an older one.
http://www.turbo4wd.com/ <- there's a crankwalk survey at the bottom of the left column

This last one is just for you.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:18 AM

there are alot of hatches around look harder dsms = trouble = money

Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 AM

Eclipses...damn,..where to start. My buddy had one and it fell apart in front of us both over the year he had it. Go online and see how many there are to buy. TONS!!! And they're cheap too! Why you ask? Cause they're pieces of "BLEEP"! The only one I thought I might like was the GSX, but the transfer cases are junk. One day my buddy and I walked out to his carto go tothe gym and he opened the door only to find that the door handle broke off in his hand. Honestly it was the funniest s*** ever. I can warn you but your going to make the final decision. Good luck.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 AM
HCF Member

if you were interested in a civic pm me cause i know someone with a 92 si they would part with for around 3000 its body needs a lil work but the rest of it are sweet

Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Nah heymikey19 i'll probably go with a 6th gen like I have. The biggest issue here is just carrying capacity, how much crap I can fit it. Which is why I kind of want a sedan, but they don't look as good as coupes.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

If you don't buy a civic god will kill innocent kittens.

Now do you want that burden on your shoulders? I don't think so. Join the Honda club!

Quick Reply: Convince me!