General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Corvette vs. WRX vs. Civic Si 4-door Sedan vs. Miata

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Default RE: Corvette vs. WRX vs. Civic Si 4-door Sedan vs. Miata

How about a Mitsubishi Evolution 9?

Its technically superior to the WRX and quicker than anything you've listed. It also makes an awesome platform for a monster build if u wanted to.

My apologies but vote does not go to the STI unless you really have to. I used to come from Australia where we've mucked around with WRXes since 1994. And the technology may be new to you guys but it really didnt make much progress in the past 10 yrs. You have an engine that sounds good but packaged to 4wd to cover up for the fundamentally poor suspension design.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

id definetly go with the WRX

Old 07-27-2006, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: usuckpoo

How about a Mitsubishi Evolution 9?

Its technically superior to the WRX and quicker than anything you've listed. It also makes an awesome platform for a monster build if u wanted to.

My apologies but vote does not go to the STI unless you really have to. I used to come from Australia where we've mucked around with WRXes since 1994. And the technology may be new to you guys but it really didnt make much progress in the past 10 yrs. You have an engine that sounds good but packaged to 4wd to cover up for the fundamentally poor suspension design.
Interesting point of view, mate. BTW, I live in Alice Springs for four years, which is where I first met up with the WRX in 2000--it's really excellent for that Northern Territory terrain.

Two of my friends have Evos, one 9 and one RS. Nice cars--maybe too nice. I think the Evo was the car voted "Easiest Car to Drive Stupid Fast" by Sport Compact Car magazine, and it is really a nice bit of work, well-designed and well put together, lot's of finesse in that vehicle.

I have to admit, though, what I find appealing about the WRX is the "agricultural equipment" feel it has. I think you can make a case that it's a bit more durable than the Evo, which has less wheel travel and is lighter weight. What do you think?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:58 AM

My vote is obviously the wrx, but that C5 is gorgeous!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: MDCivic

My vote is obviously the wrx, but that C5 is gorgeous!
I know what you mean. I have three friends who have C5s, two have Verttes (convertibles) and one has a coupe; another friend has a C4 Grand National, with poly bushings, a new cam, and some other goodies; a third has a 1971 C3 vertte, classic, what a ride.

They are all beautiful.

They're all great cars, a blast to drive (altho the automatic C5 is a bit of a "disco" car--you expect to see a secretary driving it), but they all have the same problem I had with my MINI Cooper S--it's just too nice a car to take to the track; mod; use a sawzall on; drive on gravel; drive on dirt; actually go sideways in.....

Although my C4 buddy has about 130K on his, and is proud of the dings he's picked up at Watkins Glen, VIR, and Summit Point. Of course, he's also on his third engine.....

I'd like to do some rally driving, and the Vette just doesn't seem to be that kind of car.....

Old 07-27-2006, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicstealth
and **** my mother-in-law off
I would think a Vette would sufficiently **** off your mother in law.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

I am sorry but not one of the other cars you listed fits the bill better than a C5 Vette and on top of that you would have to be an idiot to choose a WRX over it. The Vette is a killer track car also. Sorry but truth is truth.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:54 AM

i think u should buy a miata and swap an ls1 engine into it. seen it done a couple times and man they fing rock!

heres one: http://www.fergfab.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=23

Old 07-30-2006, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

may I add the subaru legacy GT. AWD turbo w/ a bit more finesse than the wrx and doesn't scream "Wanna Race!" like the Sti or Evo. Sometimes I do get tired of all the attentions (+/-) and constantly being paranoid whenever I see a cop car nearby that's why I have been considering the Legacy.

Old 07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
HCF Member

Id say STi. I would choose it over an EVO any day. The boxer engine is a beast and can be built just as well if not better than an EVO. Not to mention the boxer has a unique sound that no other car matches. The AWD is amazing. I have a GC8 subaru and its unbelieveable. You can take cloverleafs faster than youve ever thought possible in the civic.

Quick Reply: Corvette vs. WRX vs. Civic Si 4-door Sedan vs. Miata