General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Crashed my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

Step back and take a deep breath. Everything will be figured out in due time.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

got any pictures?
it might look worse than it really is... hell remember my civic not that bad at all.....

keep some faith..... all depends if the damage was high or low....

if the damage is low it could easily be totaled..... or if the damage is high and frame is undamaged its very easy fix. hardest part is cuting the spot welds and spot welding the new radiator support in....
very easy with a air chisel and a small welder, and a small hammer and hand held dolly.

tho the insurance company might already total it, BUT you can always take the car to a alignment shop and have them check the alignment of all 4wheels, as long as the caster isnt completly jacked way off id buy it back and fix the car yourself.
toe is easily adjustable and the camber can be simply fixed with a camber kit thats what i did on my old 94 that had something bent up front from previous owners wreck.

but my 96s alignment was just fine, just needed toe tweaked but thats very easy.

post up some pictures and we should be able to tell if you if its easily repairable or not....

Old 02-21-2009, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

heres some pics, its probably gunna get totaled out if you compare it to V8DIEt's accident.
There is too much bent metal imo, my estimate from a shop is going to b 3.5k at the least.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i must say THATS NOTHING!!!!!!!

if you have a friend with some a welder you can fix the car yourself!!!!

from looking at it that has a high impact and easily fixable!!! DONT LET THEM TAKE THE CAR.... get the money and buy it back!
all you need is of course the radiator support, hood, bumper cover, MAYBE the metal bumper support but from those pics it doesnt look damaged so i think its still usable. but if it is damaged its still pretty cheap.
youd need headlights, maybe the radiator if urs got smashed.... then if you want AC youd need a new AC condensor and posibly a few lines if they are crushed and a new fan for the condensor, then maybe the drier if you want to be safe and just afew Orings and have the system recharged at a shop... ruffly 150-200bucks to have it vaced and filled.

trust me you can fix it and save alot of cash!!!!
only tools you need is some spot weld drills, or just some drills will also work and a punch to center the drill on the factory spot welds on the radiator support, and a BIG F***en hammer, or alot easier with a air chisel to cut the factory support off, then just use a small welder to weld the new support to the car. even a small welder will work great! simply drill holes in the new support to get a better weld.
then just a simply hammer and hand dolly to hammer out some bent metal back flat after chiseling all the factory spot weld points.
after you have the radiator support welded in YOUR GOLDEN the rest is just bolts!!!!! and some paint. since your civic is black its VERY EASY to blend the black paint!

trust me i know this repair.LOL your fenders dont even look damaged so you can reuse them.
you can just spray paint the new radiator support black to match your car before welding it to the car, just grind the paint off and drill the holes for the welds and after the welds best to grind the welds to make them look alot cleaner and then clean and primer/paint them so the welds will disapear and stay rust free. then after you fit everything to ensure it fits and alignment on the panels are good, simply unbolt the hood and bumper cover and take to a paint shop and have them paint it black and you simply install it.
Name:  DSC002342.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  82.8 KB
Name:  DSC002333.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  142.6 KB

Name:  DSC002353.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  117.2 KB
Name:  DSC00233-1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  78.7 KB
Name:  DSC00234-1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  74.7 KB

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0DX/?start=all

KEEP THE FAITH you can do it yourself with very little tools... i know you KNOW SOMEONE with a welder and afew air tools....
i fixed mine myself very fast!!!!!! hardest part for me was getting the money to buy the parts, i didnt have insurance money... wasnt my wreck or i would have had mine painted already.LOL
i bought all my parts off ebay from this seller. body panels fit great, only thing didnt like to much was the thinner metal of the bumper impact brace and the radiator support, BUT unless your planing on wrecking again its no bother. its alot cheaper than slightly thicker metal parts so im still very happy! the hood and fenders and bumper cover all look and feel OEM with great fitment and thickness!
http://search.stores.ebay.com/PERSHI...188856QQsofpZ0
hell i think i paid more for shipping costs than the panels actually cost me.LOL
but they did ship VERY FAST!!!!! great seller from my experience!
only thing they dont sell is the headlights and the foam impact bar!
and the headlights you can always upgrade to some aftermarket headlights to save alot more money... just be sure to seal the headlights with some silicone or what not to be water tight and they will work great!
youd have about 500bucks invested in parts. and then some paint... OR you could even buy the parts already painted.... well besides the radiator support. just spray paint it with 2 cans of black paint and some clear and it will stay looking great, plus its already hidden.
painted parts cost you about 700bucks, minus the headlights of course but you simply get them and bolt them on.

so PLEASE HAVE FAITH... its not that bad at all!
doesnt look like your bags blew either so those should be fine since you didnt wreck hard enough to blow them.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

only other thing i can recommend is if you do go ahead and fix it yourself... dont throw any parts away no matter how busted and twisted they are.... when you remove a part put the screws back in the parts and save the parts... this way when you get the new parts you have all the original bolts and screws and you know exactly where every bolt goes by simply removing it from the old part and puting it on the new parts one bolt at a time. MAKES IT AWHOLE LOT EASIER WHEN PUTING THE NEW FRONT END TOGETHER!
i baged half of mine and took me awhile to figure them all out but luckely i put/kept half the bolts and screws on the factory parts so i just grabed the parts and swaped them, then when done i scraped all the old parts for trash and scrap metal.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

sucks to hear about the accident. you had some great mods coming in for your civic also. have you heard anything from the insurance company? the front end looks repairable. if you got the money then buy it back and fix it

Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

dude addiction your a real nice guy thanks for all that info. Yes i know some who owns a welding shop. My next door neighbor he would do the work for me. Anyways We will see what insurance says and go from there. That ebay seller I have a feeling might be coming in handy.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya just dont let them take the civic. mine looked alot worse!
the radiator support is the hardest thing to replace but thats its. if you got all the parts it would take you about an hour or two to remove the old support with a air chisel, or alot longer with a spot weld cutter or drill and big freaken hammer and chisel... only about 30mins to have the new one tach welded inplace,
the hood bolt up with a friend very easily 15mins.
O YA dont forget to replace the hood latch also... and maybe the release cable if its busted.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

hey so i was looking at some of you pics from your photo bucket, and I cant even see where you welded lol

also it looks like I would be paying around $500 for all the parts. Thats just from the quick assesment

Last edited by croninc; 02-21-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i painted the support, primered then paint then clear, all spray ans. then put the supprt on the car... drilled the holes for the welds, then grinded the welds down pretty smooth and then primered and painted/cleared those areas over the welds and just taped off the rest of the support and area to prevent overspray on other parts... turned out looking great.

and when grinding and welding be sure to slap something thick over the windshield and glass on the sides just to be safe, because if the metal from welding jumps around and hits the glass it will melt into the glass and never look right again...

my dad really screwed up his work trucks glass from welding above the truck and the welding splattered alittle bit and rained down on to the glass and now it looks pretty bad. just better safe than sorry.

Quick Reply: Crashed my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!