General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

DX, LX, or EX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Default DX, LX, or EX?

The DX (starting price $14,560) has all the same Technical and Safety Features as the LX and EX, except for the EX's rear disc brakes, but the DX's Interior and Exterior Features are pretty thin. Air Conditioning, an Audio System, Cruise Control, and a Remote Trunk Release aren't listed. However, Reclining Front Seatbacks are listed for the DX, but not for the LX or EX, which seems odd.

The LX (starting price $16,510) has the features the DX lacks, mentioned above, along with Remote Entry, Power Door Locks, Map Lights, Floor Mats, and 16" wheels. Is that worth an extra $2,000? I'm not sure, but I am sure that I would really miss Air Conditioning, an Audio System, and Cruise Control.

The EX (starting price $18,260) fetches almost another $2,000 for additional features, such as 6 Speakers, instead of 4, an MP3 Input, Cruise and Audio Controls on the steering wheel, an outside temperature guage, a 60/40 fold-down rear seatback, Alloy Wheels, a variable wiper setting, and a One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature.

Just how handy is a moonroof? I don't think I'd miss it. I live in a snowy climate and would worry about it leaking after a while. I can do without these other features, but why in the world do you have to get an EX to get the variable wiper setting? That's a must for me, and you'd think it would be a standard feature.

Any advice is appreciated, and I wonder what the 2007 Civic Sedan is like. Maybe I'll wait and find out.

Thanks in advance.

- k

Old 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DX, LX, or EX?

The wiper setting isn't variable, but it is intermittent. Do you really need 2 grand worth of wiper control?

Old 03-07-2006, 06:05 PM

i doubt the moon roof will ever leak. the ones that tend to leak are aftermarket ones... and i would miss mine.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like the LX is perfect for you. Plus the other features are nice too when you are going to buy a new car and make payments. And by the way, it's a 7 speaker system (6 plus a sub).

Old 03-07-2006, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

And as you move up trim classes, you get the best of the lower models plus whatever else they list for the higher end models too. Hope this helps.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:21 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, cloud. And are you sure about the subwoofer?

- k

Old 03-07-2006, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

i doubt the moon roof will ever leak. the ones that tend to leak are aftermarket ones... and i would miss mine.

thats why my moon roof leaked on my 02 ex when it was a year old [>:] I wouldnt worry about OEM roof's leaking but you never know....

Old 03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

You could buy an aftermarket sound system that is a lot better than the one from Honda and it will prolly be cheaper.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

You're right I wasn't being clear.
The LX comes with:
• 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers
• MP3/Windows Media™ Audio (WMA) Playback Capability
• MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
• Speed-sensitive volume control (SVC)

The EX comes with:
• 350-watt AM/FM/XM Ready®â€*/CD Premium Audio System with 7 speakers including subwoofer
• MP3/auxiliary input jack

Sorry about that.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kuvasz

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, cloud.

- k
Meaning that the base DX model comes with say power windows and door locks.

The LX adds say everything the DX has but with additional features that the DX didn't have. Meaning you still get the power windows and locks but now you get AC, body color mirrors, etc.

These two lonks may help:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...me=Civic+Coupe

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...ivic&trimid=-1