General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Easiest civic to upgrade?

Old 12-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Default Easiest civic to upgrade?

I have done searches and found out a lot of information on swapping engines and upgrading parts on civics. The biggest question that I have thought, I have not been able to answer.
What is the best type of civic to start with? What I mean is, which civic will allow the best upgrades without having to pretty much have the entire front end swapped?
If I need to elaborate any further, let me know. Thanks.

Nick

Old 12-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Default RE: Easiest civic to upgrade?

depends what you want. an si would be nice. just dont go for a 7th gen si. i have driven a few at the dealership i used to work at. feels like a mini van. and it just didnt seem to have 160 hp to me.

im not meaning to offend anyone if you own this model. i have driven quite a few hondas and acuras, so i have a bit a of know how as far as stock goes.

if i were you. go with a 6th gen ex. there is so much stuff availible for them. 7th gen is verry questionable.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:46 PM

but if your looking for a new civic... there all pretty damn impressive. the si has 197hp and the other models have 140hp.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

WTF!?! WHY YOU HATIN' THE Si PIRATE? I LOVE MY '02 Si! IM GONNA KILL YOU!

I'm just playin' man. Yeah not many people like the 7th gen Si. Im one of the only ones I know. But the new Si. DAMN! It is fun beating firebirds, A4s and ricey cavaliers in my mini mini van. iPirate is right. 6th gen is probably gonna be the newest car you could get that as a big market for aftermarket. the 7th gen is getting bigger by the day but 6th gen is established already.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:48 PM

SO 6th Generation SI is the one to look for if I want to take advantage of the largest variety of aftermarket parts. Sounds good. I will start looking.

Nick

Old 12-02-2005, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

If ur gonna buy a newer civic, definatly go for the 06 SI. I have already heard that the K20s in those cars have a whole lot of potential. The price is steep on them but i think its worth it. I saw a new coupe today by my house, it was black and amazing. It wasn't an SI, but amazing none the less, i really want one.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:24 AM

mini mini van... lol ^^^

Old 12-03-2005, 02:04 AM
HCF Member

depends on your budget. Say youve got 10 grand.......you could buy an EG coupe or hatch and drop a K20 motor in it.......Thats an N/A pretty damn fast car.

Old 12-03-2005, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Si Jonny

WTF!?! WHY YOU HATIN' THE Si PIRATE? I LOVE MY '02 Si! IM GONNA KILL YOU!

I'm just playin' man. Yeah not many people like the 7th gen Si. Im one of the only ones I know. But the new Si. DAMN! It is fun beating firebirds, A4s and ricey cavaliers in my mini mini van. iPirate is right. 6th gen is probably gonna be the newest car you could get that as a big market for aftermarket. the 7th gen is getting bigger by the day but 6th gen is established already.
sorry man. out of the box is so underpowered. but im sure a few mods will open up its potential. i never been in a modded one.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

Its all good man. I aint mad at ya. Ill agree with you. Underpowered for the Si badge it came with. Havent seen too many modded ones but I bet itll be fun when I actually have money to put into my car. It also helps that I work at AutoZone now. HELL YEAH! Such an easy and awesome job. Im thinking of putting in the K20a2 in that bad boy. But only time will tell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easiest civic to upgrade?